PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

harbormaster
11-12-2003, 07:09 AM
A little info on the proposed upgrade. After much testing and hair pulling I have decided to can the board software that I was going to roll out. It does not offer all the features that can be found in the one we are currently using. After some research I have decided to go with another package. It is vBulletin. By unplanned coinkydink it happens to be the same package that fastboats.info and offshoreonly uses.

I am currently researching a new site location because our current server does not have ALL of the necessary support software (Coldfusion, PHP, and MySQL).

On another note. I have employed a couple of artists to come up with a logo for the next generation of Donzi Registry hats, etc..

I would appreciate any donations to help offset costs the increased costs I am incurring at this time.
You can do it with credit card/paypal by clicking HERE (http://www.donzi.net/cart/).
Thanks for all the support folks.

OH One more thing...
I will be putting up a link later this week where you can sign up to be on the Donzi Registry Christmas Card list.

MOP
11-12-2003, 07:27 AM
Ok Scot a bit of Loot is on its way, got cramp in my finger and wore out my mouse. Pay Pal wears out my firewall. Thanks for you work on the board!

Phil

roadtrip se
11-12-2003, 08:40 AM
With the holidays coming up...

Would another auction, like Mustang and Stevie did for the tank tops, be appropriate?

We would be happy to put a couple of windshirts up for auction to be custom made to the winner's sizes and donate the proceeds to the Master.

Let us know...

Todd
"One mis-placed Texan..."

harbormaster
11-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Thnks Ya'll.
Anything is helps.

DAULEY
11-12-2003, 07:30 PM
hay scot
lets raffel off my 1995 blackhawk le sell 300 one hundred dollar tickets and 3000 goes to the site
let me know your thoughts
bob

MOP
11-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Dauley that sounds like a really good idea, pay pal it and the first 300 guys get a shot at the boat which is a beauty. Hell half the boats currently for sale may want to do the same, that would give Scot a really good buffer to work with. He might even go for simple picture loading software like on my commercial sites for dummy's like me! :D And make some people really happy at the same time!

Trueser
11-12-2003, 09:46 PM
I say go for the raffle.And Scot don't forget about my offer.

Mike

pmreed
11-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Done. :D

Phil

harbormaster
11-13-2003, 05:57 AM
I had an offer to raffle off a boat last year. It sounds good on paper. Unfortunately it opens a whole bag of worms. I am not a non-profit org so Per my attorney, I would have to contact the Texas lottery commission as well as the state commission in Wisconsin (where the servers are located). I sound like it may not be worth the trouble.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Scott, my 2 cents is we are good to go as is, as far as software goes, servers, that is another issue.
I am active on both sites listed above, and will add, we are different, but in a good way. Thanks for all you do for us....

Once the decision is made you know I am good for some dollars. I will watch the post.
I am Happy just being a part of this great board.
Thanks
Bryan Tuvell

PS, Just a reminder on my "How To Article" ball cap.

harbormaster
11-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Thanks to the following folks for their donations thus far. it is greatly appreciated.
Eugene Nahemow
Matthew Veth
Philip Reed
William Grenger
Philip Ashley
Fast Eddie

FARJR
11-15-2003, 12:13 PM
I am with Bryan I think that the site is great and you do a good job. If you feel updates are needed I am behind you. A payment is on the way to help out. I do like it much better than the other sites out there. The people here are outstanding, informative and good hearted. It is wonderful to have fallen into the Donzi world.

Frank

Kong
11-15-2003, 12:59 PM
Scot, Can you chack to see if my donation made it thru. I used PayPal but not sure if it worked. Thanks!

Dave.

TuxedoPk
11-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Scott,

I am very happy to see that we're both in agreement that vBulletin will add a lot of value to the board and make administration a cinch.

If you would like, I'm willing to supply dedicated servers and pay for our vBulletin licensing.

My offer in to lend a hand converting the board to vBulletin and supporting it technically still stand if you'd like my assistance.

Rich