PDA

View Full Version : Found the Ign. Switch for the Keys!

HP 600SC
11-12-2002, 10:18 PM
I found the Ignition switch that those keys fit.
It is a Cole Hersee, available through SEACHOICE products. Part number 11601 * Ignition Switch

The key that comes with that switch, is the same blank as those "Donzi" Logo keys that some of you got from me. Once you get the switch you can have the "logo" key blank cut the same as the key that comes with the switch.
It is a direct replacment for the existing one in your boat. (Not outboards) 3 terminals on the back
3 position, Off - On - Start
BTW, I still have 5 keys left

http://www.donzi.net/photos/key1.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/key2.jpg

Greg K
11-12-2002, 10:27 PM
Ted,
If you plan on coming to Jungle Den on the St. Johns,
I'd like to get one of those keys you have left over.

Thanks

HP 600SC
11-12-2002, 10:32 PM
Greg, not sure if we will be able to make it or not. frown

Greg K
11-12-2002, 10:46 PM
I'll get back to you when it gets closer
to the Dec date then or e-mail me, since your
e-mail address is missing from your profile.

Scott Pearson
11-13-2002, 08:16 AM
For whats its worth,I hope Cole Hersee fixed there ignition switches. I have had two in my boat and have had nothing but problems. When the boat was first done and it didnt even have 2 hours on it it gave me problems. First the boat would start turning over all by itself. Then at the Lake George Dustoff right before the show it keep the starter engauged and fried a brand new Mercruser starter and secondary silonoide. $300.00 later and it was fixed.

Put another BRAND NEW Cole Hersee switch in and after a few runs the samething started to happen again.

So....For the 3rd time I changed the switch. this time to something totaly different. Havent had a problem since.

Ted, Will these fit anything else?

(NJ)Scott

HP 600SC
11-13-2002, 03:04 PM
Scott, good question.....I have not checked.
I will...... :D
Ted

AVickers
11-13-2002, 03:42 PM
I had the same problem w/ that same switch. Starter stayed engaged after motor started...

When it started, I released the key, but it didn't disengage the solenoid. I couldn't hear the starter spinning because of the open exhausts.
Didn't fry the motor, but smelled awful and there was some smoke (I know it did some damage, but so far, it hasn't been fatal.). It did leave me stranded 'cause the battery was flat out dead!

Greg Maier
11-13-2002, 05:24 PM
Oh, you have to get the key cut??? I was wondering why it wouldn't work wink