PDA

View Full Version : A Media Opportunity Regarding Speed Limits

SHARKEYMARINE
11-11-2002, 11:17 PM
To All That This May Concern,

I have enclosed a copy of an email I received from a writer for the Asbury Park Press newspaper in New Jersey. If you have an opinion of this new Speed Limit Law which will be imposed on us as early as the Spring of 2003 which will ban the speed of over 30 miles per hour "STATE WIDE" on "ALL NJ TIDAL WATERS", PLEASE LET IT BE KNOWN...

The economic effect this law will have on our New Jersey businesses will be a tragedy. Our own NJ State Police even say that our current laws are working fine.

So please contact Kirk Moore via phone or email to get your voices heard.

Thank you,

Monday, Nov. 11th, 2002

Dear Sharkey: I was searching the Web tonite and and saw your notes about this possible NJ speed limit. I write for the Asbury Park Press and will probably cover the next meeting of the state Legislature group on boat safety, which we hear we be around Nov. 14.
If you or anyone else would like to comment on this please give me a call at 732 557-5728 or email at kmoore@appcom. Thanks - Kirk Moore

Also, it wouldn't hurt to let these people know how you feel:

Key New Jersey Representatives to contact (besides your local representatives)

ASSEMBLYMAN JEFFREY W. MORAN (Republican-9TH District)
Heading Assembly Panel On Safe Boating
620 W. Lacey Road Forked River, N.J. 08731
Phone Number: (609) 693-6700 Fax: 693-2469

Assemblyman Robert J. Smith, II (D) (Assistant Majority Whip)
DISTRICT OFFICE ADDRESS: 110-F Greentree Road Turnersville, NJ 08012
PHONE NUMBER: (856) 232-6700

Assemblyman James W. Holzapfel (R)
DISTRICT OFFICE ADDRESS: 852 Highway 70 Brick, NJ 08724
PHONE NUMBER: (732) 840-9028 E-MAIL ADDRESS AsmHolzapfel@njleg.org

Assemblyman Albio Sires (D)(Speaker)
DISTRICT OFFICE ADDRESS: 303 58th Street, West New York, NJ 07093
PHONE NUMBER: (201) 854-0900

Tim Sharkey

WWW.SHARKEYMARINE.COM (http://WWW.SHARKEYMARINE.COM)

GEOO
11-11-2002, 11:56 PM
Sharkey,

I tried to E:mail a letter tonight but it was rejected..."Wrong E:Mail Address" can you check it?? Thanks.

Shanghied Again
11-12-2002, 05:13 AM
Assemblyman James W. Holzapfel (R)
DISTRICT OFFICE ADDRESS: 852 Highway 70 Brick, NJ 08724
PHONE NUMBER: (732) 840-9028 E-MAIL ADDRESS AsmHolzapfel@njleg.org

If you call or write to Jim, I know him Personally he will stay on top of things, He owns a speedboat and one of the woman that work for him is my niece, Her father owns a Donzi 27ZX.
Keep the pressure on and the speed limits are not going anywhere!

McGary911
11-12-2002, 10:24 AM
I plan on cutting a letter to the Asbury Park press on this one for sure. They've actually published letters from me before, and I think Pearson had one in there a while back. In the past week or so, I've seen 2 letters advocating speed limits, which read like they were written by sailboaters (one lameted that powerboaters wait till they get to the no wake buoy by his yacht club b4 slowing down)

This is right in my backyard, and it will really piss me off when i finally get a Donzi, i'll have to keep it under 30 on the bay.

I'll send a copy of my press letter to all of the above as well......