PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Spare Parts???

BRIAN73
11-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Hello,

I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction for parts for a Volvo 270.

I'm looking for the intermediate housing that mates with the bell housing and the transom ring.

The shaft is really what I'm after. I twisted the splines off mine.

If anyone has a good source for used volvo stuff I would really appreciate it.

Brian
englert@troybelting.com

AVickers
11-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Munson Marine in South Houston, Texas has had almost anything I've needed for my 280...

Also, there's a Volvo/Chevy unit laying in the dirt up at my boatyard. Don't know condition, but it still had the bell housing on it.

Stuart
11-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Those housings are a find since they will bolt onto motors other than volvo. I got mine from Nathan (Jamesbon), in two days. He may be able to help.

The twisted shaft is a pain. Had just rebuilt my motor and shined the boat up ready for the Blue Angels and had to take it all apart to find the same thing. How did you twist yours? My problems were a result of a previous owner so I can only guess what happened.

David Ochs
11-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Are we talking about the housing that came from Holman/Moody? Some years ago I replaced the bearings and remember an old time Donzi expert from FL told me to be very careful of the direction for pressing out the shaft. He said it looks tempting to go one way but that was wrong. Can't remember now. Anyone recall? I wish I had an extra housing, my guess is that it would be difficult to replace.

BRIAN73
11-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Hello,

Thank You all for the help!!!!!!!

I never would have guessed that there was a Volvo parts store in MN, with really good prices (Thanx M.O.P)

I'm really only looking for the primary shaft. The entire drive train is out of the boat. I knew that the bearings in the housing were shot, but I had no idea that the outdrive end was twisted like that.

It's definately a pain in the butt to change the bearings but well worth it.

Mabey Santa will leave a Primary Shaft numbered
839425 under the christmas tree this year.

Thank You Again

Brian

Capt. Donzi
11-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Brian:

A few years back I bought out the new and used older Volvo invetory of my Donzi mechanic (he was Don A's race mechanic). I might have some of the things your looking for. Please email me if interested.

Regards,

Walter Cornell
617-824-4116
pmiuandr@aol.com

Ralph Savarese
11-13-2003, 06:49 AM
I would never attempt changing with in the boat.
Not worth the effort. How do you remove the snap ring on the engine side? I fact I don't beleve it can be done! Either way Try www.sterndrive.com (http://www.sterndrive.com)
speak to Wyane very knowlegeable and helpfull used parts also. I have bought a lot from them no problem.
Ralph