PDA

View Full Version : CMI Exhaust

bgagne
11-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Has anyone put CMI headers on a carburated 454 Magnum? Any ideas as to what gains could
expected over the stock exhaust? Are these type worth the extra money?

fasttrucker
11-08-2002, 07:58 PM
not unless u do a lots :cool: of engine work..cam heads intake...better to go stainless marine manifolds.they flow+sound great.

roadtrip se
11-08-2002, 11:31 PM
Got CMI headers, pipes, and tails on my 500.
Pieces of beautiful art. Came standard with the package! But, I've seen plenty of trick Stainless set-ups at various Donzi events and for the cash and performance, go Stainless!

Todd

BigGrizzly
11-09-2002, 08:21 AM
Which ones tube type or elbow tops. I have a set of tube types on my Corsican made a world of difference, but is modified and Stainles Marine didn't make ones for a 351 Ford Clevland. On somw dyno tests that have been run with elbow tops they are only a few hp better than Stainless but definatly nor worth $2000 for the extra ponies, which won't even be felt or seen on the water! The carb engine does benifit more then injected- for other readers- due to runner lengths etc. Now there is a Oh WOW factor to be considered. The Corsican has that hands down. Once someone asked me "What kind of boat had those cool pipes on it". My new Criterion pipes will probably be Stainless Marine- not worth $2000 to me. Remember you are dealing with the two top brands here, your not dealing with the kids on the corner anymore, this is the real world and school is out!!