PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing Simplified

bgagne
11-08-2002, 04:08 PM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/winterize.jpg

Greg Maier
11-08-2002, 04:36 PM
I like your setup, very nice. I should rig something like that together.

bgagne
11-08-2002, 05:17 PM
Don't laugh, it actually works great. Put 4 gallons of antifreeze into the bucket, the hose on the bottom runs to the water pickup on the outdrive. The PVC pipe collects most of the antifreeze out the exhaust. The yellow pan is needed because I have captains call and some of the antifreeze spills out through the drive. The jumper cables are hooked to a bilge pump that sends the antifreeze back to the bucket. You simply let it run until the engine comes up to temp. and you are all set.

RickR
11-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Poodle
You're just jelous because bgagne gets snow in the winter :D

Scott Pearson
11-08-2002, 07:08 PM
Ok.... sooooo where is the Flux Capasitator located???

Back to the Future here we come.....

(NJ)Scott

MOP
11-08-2002, 08:26 PM
What happened to the simplicity of a funnel, pouring freeze through after all else is done.

Bug
11-08-2002, 08:45 PM
Now that's the set up !!! Thanks for sharing it.

harbormaster
11-08-2002, 10:30 PM
I think its pure genius.

mattyboy
11-08-2002, 11:59 PM
now after a couple of bucas it all seems to make sense :D I would have gone with ABS pipe it would have matched the boat better wink

Only kiddin pretty neat set up

Matt

BigGrizzly
11-09-2002, 08:07 AM
All kiding aside - thats not bad. Did you calculat the 3 gallons of pure water in the block or did you drain the block first and then add the mix? My way is easier drain the exhaust- I have a closed cooling system, now available from proformance Product Technology. The thing weighs less than 50 pounds including the extra volume of antifreze. Actually I may use that Idea to do my exhaust pipes, that way I can hear it one more time before I put it to bed for 2 months. My wife is going to S*** and say "Where are you going to store that nightmare".

bgagne
11-09-2002, 12:25 PM
I did not pull any hoses off, I just opened the manifold and block drains to get rid of as much water as possible.

Air 22
11-10-2002, 08:53 PM
Nice job Bgagne :D :D cool! !!! I'm going to try something like that. Something you should patent!! wink

Craig
11-12-2002, 09:20 AM
I made one exactly like that years ago! Same rubber clamps and everything. No kidding. It did work, but I just quit fooling with it. Went back to the funnel. I had mine outlet into a big barrell and my plan was to get enough anti freeze to be able to start it occassionally through the winter. Figured it would mimic a closed system. Oh, now I remember why I quit fooling with it. As I said I had it run into a barrel (55 gal. drum) and anti-freeze cost, back then, was way high!
It's weird. That rig looks exactly like mine did. I think I threw mine out during a move. Pretty cool!