PDA

View Full Version : Closed Cooling System

GEOO
10-13-2000, 07:52 PM
I'm in the process of building a new larger fresh water cooling system. I contacted Sen-Dur http://www.sen-dure.com/ as per fellow site members recommendation. Bill the engineer is working on the water flow and heat loss calculations. (Chris you should talk to this guy). I also contacted Howard Stewart from Stewart Components. http://www.stewartcomponents.com/ They have an informative engine cooling tech write up, check it out!! They make marine and auto circulating pumps. More gpm, more pressure, less loss in hp. Not expensive!! Sound Too good. GEoo

Forrest
10-14-2000, 09:29 AM
GEOO, FYI if you find that you need a custom built heat exchanger or oil cooler check with:

R&D Enterprises
P.O. Box 5380
Northville, MI 48167

Phone: (248) 349-7077

I met these folks at the Miami International Boat show and I must say that I was very impressed with their workmanship, materials selection, and knowledge. They did go on to say that if you can use an off the shelf unit, a Sen-Dure unit would be less expensive than one of their custom units.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 10-14-2000).]

GEOO
10-15-2000, 09:20 PM
Forrest, Thanks I'll give them a call on Monday. GEOO

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 10-17-2000).]

GEOO
10-20-2000, 08:21 AM
Well I spoke to Bill, the engineer at Sen-Dur. Very nice guy but to much of an engineer. He gets so involved with designing a cooling system he'll want to know the molecular structure of all the metals involved. Too many variables for me to handle, too many question.
I remembered that Volvo make a High Performance 540ci, 600hp, fresh water cooled motor. I called Innovation Marine, (they build the motors). After talking to them for a whileabout the design, size, pumps ect.... he said he had a new Heat exchanger for the DPX600 which had a slight dent and he could not use it on a new motor. He sold it to me at a discount. I figure Volvo did the engineering for me. GEOO