PDA

View Full Version : What a Night!

Tony
10-12-2000, 08:35 PM
A 70 degree October day in Michigan, so for my significant other's birthday we drop in on a small nearby lake with a bottle of bubbly, some spinach dip,and pumpernickel bread. You know, that dark bread that you rip up and drag through the spinach dip.

Anyway, after cruising for a bit we sit in the middle of the lake, toasted, and watch a beautiful sunset to our west...then, we reposition our boat and see a spectacular harvest moon rise over the eastern horizon! These fall moons rise early and appear about three times normal size! (Unless I exagerate because of the bubbly.)

It doesn't get much better than this, fellow Donzi affectionados!

GEOO
10-12-2000, 09:50 PM
Tony, Thanks for sharing your Donzi appreciation!! I was planning on taping the sound of my motor so I could listen to the music all winter, infront of a fire with a glass of red wine and the Mrs's. GEoo

MattM
10-13-2000, 09:17 AM
Geoo, go with video, during cold winter nights I fire that up on the big screen w/ the home theater, that sub-woofer really does justice to those beautiful Stellings headers. Much to my wifes chagrin, it will also bring a dinner party to a screeching halt while everybody watches.

FASTEDDIE
10-13-2000, 04:32 PM
I also use the Lake George Club video and if the single Donzi dock blowby doesn't get them, I turn up the volume all the way at the 12,000 Horsepower start and my wife screams"Turn that down" and the guests usually head for thier coats. We must find out who are the real Donzi fans and who are fakers.

------------------
FASTEDDIE

RickR
10-13-2000, 06:02 PM
I have a video from a Prop Shoot out in 1993 with my 18.
The VCR tape is almost worn out.
It is a wonderful sound to hear in the winter.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Craig
10-13-2000, 07:37 PM
You guys are sick... actually sitting watching videos of your boats.... ...I thought I was the only one. Most people don't understand this sort of behavior, but where I am, winters are too long to go without hearing "that sound". Somehow even hearing a car with nice exhaust in mid January doesn't satisfy. Something missing in the tone without water pumping through the exhaust. Plus most people won't rev their cars up to 4800 rpms and hold it there for like 30 seconds, which is the minimum, for me at least, to go ...."Cool!". I like the idea that such a tape could make people want to leave too. That could come in handy!!

RickR
10-13-2000, 07:51 PM
Craig
454@5200 RPMs Sweeeet! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RickR (edited 10-13-2000).]

Tim Howland
10-15-2000, 11:04 AM
Jeez Geoo,
While getting ready to put my 13 year old for the winter nap, changing earl, and filter, a little stabi in the gas tank, took out the old Sony cassette recorder and did just that. Nothing like a little gearhead music to get us through those Nor'Easter's. Is it fumes from the mat/resin, something I did in the seventies, or what? My wife thinks I am certifiable. Stainless Marine in stereo, it's like white sound for insomniacs.
Tim.

Frank Civitano
10-15-2000, 01:32 PM
Hey I have a Playstation with Surround sound My old Donzi ZX seats, a steering wheel and and a big TV. A vcr with a couple of racing tapes, Donzi's Video and the new Long Island poker run tape (NJPPC) coming in November. The ABPA world nationals ST Pete in November, We will be there! The boat show in Atlantic City with my 22ZX on the floor with the NJPPC and APBA. The Donzi party at Orlando, And Im set! Geo are you going to the NJPPC party in Feb it will be open to all Members free. GREAT PARTY at Trumps! I built a garage for my boat so I have visitation rights with out covering the boat. I told my wife I want get a BIG,BIG TV and put on the front of the boat. Take the view cam video of the Poker run and I can drive the boat in my drivers seat in the garage with the snow on the ground! Now that is DONZI fever.

------------------
Frank Civitano

boldts
10-15-2000, 06:51 PM
Well, from what I've read, I must be sertifiably a Donzi nut also. I play my VCR tapes all winter here in OH and luckly, my 31 year old baby is in my garage. I have a brand new cockpit cover that I bought last year and it is almost always off in the winter time. I put a "Miami Vice" soundtrack tape in the radio and I'm Don Johnson sitting behind the wheel of my Donzi. I used to start her up until 1 spring I found out I had worn out the impeller in my H2O pump. That's OK, after 15 years of ownership, I know what she sounds like in my head. I'm hoping for 1 more 70 degree day to run her 1 more time before ice begins to form on the lake.

Varyak
10-15-2000, 07:27 PM
Videos schmideos. On a clear winter day, I just go out in the back yard, drop my Classic 18 into the St. Johns River, and haul butt for about an hour.
Oh yeah, I live in Florida...(tee hee)

GEOO
10-15-2000, 08:43 PM
Frank, February, Hum mm,? Let's see the baby is do the Feb.18th!! I think my better half will understanding??
GEOO

BigGrizzly
10-15-2000, 10:39 PM
Frank, I thought I was bad. Well any body whos tuned in station and doesn't own a Donzi thinks we are kidding. Well we are NOT, our boats are part of our family.
Geoo word of warning, rember that day you were blitzing across the water and you thought your was laughing but she was really crying, well understanding is nonexistant at birth! She would take the old arneson and rotoroot your behind.

EricG
10-16-2000, 12:42 PM
After watching my "Speed Run" video 6 times in the last week, I just captured it to my computer....Now I get to watch it at work.... I don't even care about the picture, I just close my office door and turn up the speakers!!! Only 7 more months...

EG

GEOO
10-18-2000, 05:38 PM
Last winter My wife left me home with my nephews. We watched some fun video's!!!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1265596&a=9365402&p=30612861
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1265596&a=9365402&p=30612863
GEOO

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 10-18-2000).]