PDA

View Full Version : Just to make sure you Florida guys appreciate what you have:

OceanCommotion
10-10-2000, 10:13 AM
I'm looking out my window here in Western Massachusetts this morning and almost fall out of my chair when I realize that I'm seeing snow coming down. It was only a short burst, but the leaves are in full blown color and will likely be completely off the trees in 2 weeks.

The end is near up here, gentlemen. Make sure you southern guys get plenty of hours in for those of us that are unfortunate enough to have a 5 month season.

GeneD
10-10-2000, 10:17 AM
Hey man!
It's freaking cold here. I've got a tenants meeting to go to and I'm late! But I just can't seem to gather up the guts to go outside!
I think it's all the way down to 60 degrees!
The choke coil on the Corvette won't heat up!
I just can't wait to start the motor up in the old Donzi, probably be warming up all afternoon!
Snow?
Brrrrrr!
I may have to put on a jacket today!
Only got one...Donzi Dealer Team...
Go Donzi!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 10-10-2000).]

Craig
10-10-2000, 11:16 AM
Ocean Commotion,
I know the feeling. Last boat ride here in western Maryland may have been had. Spitting snow yesterday where I am; 1/2" 40 minutes west (where I usually take the boat). Still, not yet consistent evenings in the 20's (when I usually concede to winterizing). Am optimistic about another ride or two, but Oct. 9 is pretty early for snow, even here. Bummer, bummer, b-b-bummer!
Craig

RickSE
10-10-2000, 11:18 AM
I feel your pain. I live at 7000 ft. elevation and we're already into the 20's at night and expecting snow tonight. The best part of living here though is that I can drive 1 hour South and be out of the cold and snow. Last March my Dad and I were snow skiing on Friday and on Lake Powell (2 hours drive) in the Donzi on Saturday.

Jamesbon
10-10-2000, 11:52 AM
Fellas,
Please, live vicariously through me!! I'll ham it up extra good for ya, however, you'll have to bear with me through the last steps of my engine install.

Nate
St. Pete, FL

rayjay
10-10-2000, 12:10 PM
Hey, us North East guys need Winter to be able to work on projects without being distracted! I mean how can you work out the bugs on your turbo f.i. big block when you're listening to some throaty engine(s) go blasting by. And then the question of what to put it into...

rayjay, laughing all the way...

GeneD
10-11-2000, 07:50 AM
I haven't been on the water in over 2 months.
The way I deal with the throaty roar of thunderboats going by without shooting myself is to completely avoid the water.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida