PDA

View Full Version : Rough 18 on eBay

Forrest
10-10-2000, 09:03 AM
Obviously this guy has never visited Donzi.net!
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=464335992

Read the description!

------------------
Forrest

GeneD
10-10-2000, 10:10 AM
Regardless, I like it!
Right in the nieghborhood too!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Tony
10-10-2000, 11:16 AM
Sharp vee on the hull, must be late sixties...according to one theory.

Rob
10-10-2000, 02:09 PM
2nd or 3rd time around on Ebay for this one

CDMA
10-10-2000, 04:09 PM
The sharp v and the barrel back hatch makes it anywhere from '67 -'70.

Chris

CDMA
10-10-2000, 05:02 PM
Scot,

How is the hull? Rotten, bashed in?

Chris

CDMA
10-10-2000, 05:31 PM
Maybe I am just crazy but it looks like a decent canidate ( Not that hard) for a restoration. I mean I see all the original hardware, no eroneous holes, and looks like original gelcoat. I mean the v drive and the shaft are said to be good and what a rare boat. Hmmm been looking for another project. Scot anyway you could post those pictutes. What is that a Ford in there. I see the dist. in the front of the engine, a Holley and what looks like Ford valve covers.

Chris

Rob
10-10-2000, 05:52 PM
Definitely a SB Ford. I agree, all the hardware is there. Can't tell what kind of shape it is in. Using the "GeneD" rebuild standard, you would have to call this boat restorable. But what a lot of work!

I remember this thing having a pretty pricey reserve last time it was on ebay. I think you would have to pick it up for $600-$800 to make it any kind of viable project. It's probably worth that in parts.

Remember, there is an identical red V-drive 18 from Alabama in pretty decent shape that will show up on ebay again before to long. I think that boat can be bought for a good deal less than $10K.

oldLenny
10-10-2000, 06:56 PM
Why don't one of you guys buy it and I'll pay for the hull and deck once you strip it,...Then I'll restore hull and put in a small block and Alpha...OK? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

lou
10-10-2000, 08:08 PM
I saw this boat today, everything is mostly there, the wiring has bee repaired, the floor is de laminating and it is severely weather. The pictures make it appear better than it is, but overall a project for someone with a lot of time and money on their hands. I just can't see spending the kind of money it would take to restore the boat , it just would not make sense in the long run. I stil say there is no such thing as a bad looking Donzi.

CDMA
10-10-2000, 08:43 PM
Yeah but so cool and so rare. Any idea what the reserve is?

Chris

oldLenny
10-10-2000, 09:13 PM
Lou, your depressing me...I don't have "lots of time" on my hands and certainly don't have "lots of money"...I'm gunna start sulking around here again if things don't look up soon...Lennyedadonzi

Scott Pearson
10-10-2000, 09:36 PM
AHHHHH....you guys have no sence of adventure! That boat would be perfect for set-up like an injected blown hemi or some crazy ALLISON AIRCRAFT MOTOR!!! Man, that would be really cool. There is no such thing as "Alot of Work". Anything can be done!!! You just have got to have the love for it. Time is a state of mind...Money always shows up from somewhere.

Sombody by that Damn thing and go NUTZ on it. I'm tired of seeing it on EBAY.

(NJ)Scott

Emmo
10-10-2000, 09:50 PM
Yeah, like they only built 2 v-drive Donzi's? Give me a break, course it would be nice with a Rolls Merlin or something, might even do 69 mph. (Waylow has about a billion dollars in his blown v-drive Hornet and says it will do about 68mph).

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

Jamesbon
10-10-2000, 09:55 PM
I guess it's due to the drag all that underwater hardware creates.

...haven't thought about WA-LO for a while......that boat is BAD A*S!!!!! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

Scott Pearson
10-11-2000, 08:03 AM
Scott,
Sounds like a great project to me! (Laughing)...so bad is the hole in the deck that your foot went through? Anyway this whole Donzi thing is like building a Street Rod. You NEVER get your money back out of them.

But, there are some nice Donzi's out there that someone will pay the right price. And there is alot of junk too.

(NJ) Scott

GeneD
10-11-2000, 08:15 AM
ScottB,
Do you have any idea what the reserve is?
I wrote the guy and haven't got an answer.
Yeah, the thing sounds bad. But I would buy it if the price was reasonable. Have to borrow the money from DonziGirl, but hey, what are you going to do?
I like it and I would just take my time. It couldn't take more than a year of spare time right? We got enough spare parts laying around to build a fleet of Donzis, I think.
Having another boat to use is a major factor in this resto. I would go nuts trying to get this thing ready for the spring time!
Send me the pics big man. I'm interested.
Oh, and what the freak is that big plate on the transom?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 10-11-2000).]

CDMA
10-11-2000, 08:28 AM
Scot,

I would like to see the pics if you get a chance. Thanks.

Chris

Blewbyu
10-11-2000, 11:55 PM
Scottpoodle-Whaddya think he would take for the logo laying on the floor on the rotted shift nob?Somebodys junk is always someone elses treasure..........eiyeeeee,how bad I need that logo!
Jeff

GeneD
10-12-2000, 10:23 AM
Reserve on this old soldier is $3500.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

CDMA
10-12-2000, 10:49 AM
Ouch

Too much

PaulO
10-12-2000, 11:23 AM
Well,
It is one of only two built!!!!!!!!!!!!

BERTRAM BOY
10-12-2000, 03:47 PM
Ahhh.....
But what a great parts boat!!!!!
BERTRAM BOY

lou
10-12-2000, 04:57 PM
Sorry guys but Scott already got the only thing this boat has to offer: the story.

TMracer
10-12-2000, 06:04 PM
Hey now I don`t feel so bad and mine is in better Shape Does this mean that My V-Drive is 1 of 4 maybe I should be sniffing what what this guy is pulling out of the sea for the price I paid for mine Gene D thinks I did good And so do alot of others Smiles

GeneD
10-13-2000, 07:11 AM
Well then forget it.
When it rains it pours, eh?
I'm gonna lay low for a while guys.
I got japped out of my National Championships, and well, just not feeling all that nice. (read that to be "EVIL")
I'm gonna go to the shop, do some more cleaning to the Donzi. Corvette has some lighting troubles at the tail end. Something to do with my trailer light harness.
Boat runs really fine. Amazing acutally. Walk up to it and hit the starter, BLAH BLUM!
Very satisfying.
So it's a maintenence morning, and a Bud Light afternoon. That should be able to keep me going for the weekend at least...the Bud Light I mean.
"Yo! Bartender!"

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida