PDA

View Full Version : Factory Sponsored Donzi Owner's Club?

Donzi Marine VP
10-05-2000, 03:15 PM
Hello from Sarasota, Florida.

I have been in discussions with our group here at Donzi and we wanted to get our owners feedback about thier interest in the Donzi factory having a Donzi Owners Club.

This club would be much like the Harley Owner's Group. We would offer membership for a fee and the member would in turn get Donzi Owner's Club only items and invites to Donzi Club get togethers. We would like to set up chapters throughout the United States with acting presidents for each chapter that are Donzi Owners, not our own Donzi dealers. We (the Donzi Factory) would help each group put the chapter together and we would hold Donzi Owner's Club rendezvous' all over the United States.

Please let me know if this would be of interest to you and if it is, please give me some ideas of what should be in the new "DOC" kit. Also, let me know what you would pay to be a member of the Donzi Owners Club, keeping in mind that you will have perks and goodies for being a member. I think Harley charges about $40-$60 per year to be a member.

I really want to do this right and make the Donzi Owners Club the biggest boating club in the world. For those of you that know me you are aware that when I do sometihng I do it right. I just want your feedback. Your opinions are important to us. You are the foundation of this company.

Thanks! Nick Miller VP

Ralph Savarese
10-05-2000, 04:00 PM
Sounds Great to me you got my vote!

CDMA
10-05-2000, 04:09 PM
Nick,

Sounds like a really great idea but first of all the greatest aspect of owning a Donzi is this registry. The people, the knowledge and the enthusiasm are what make owning a Donzi. Even on a tight college budget I would happily fork over a few dollars to be a member and volunteer right away to help in any way possible. I think having an owner run as opposed to a dealer run organization would really make the difference. I, as well as many other registry members (I think), don't feel like going to sales pitch rendezvous. We want to run our boat and run them hard. Well I am all for it but first of all the best publicity you get at Donzi is here, mainly from Scot. Can I suggest a Donzi Marine Registry contribution to Scot?

Chris

lou
10-05-2000, 06:22 PM
I would pay $50 per year, some of it should be automatically applied to this board ( lets say 15% ). You should keep the club in private hands to avoid corporate interests. You also NEED to hire someone to constantly monitor this registry. I say this because this site will become more and more popular and you should be answering all questions posted in your Talk To Donzi board about old or new boats , good or bad alike , it is only good business . I also realize that you are going to have your own site and boards, however please keep in mind that this board has been run by Scott and is powered by member's donations and his good work & generosity. I believe it is in everyone's best interest to reference each others sites and being that this site deals mainly with older Donzi boats will give your new Donzi owners a reassurance that their new Donzi has a strong following and that support is here if they need it.

As club member I would like to see 3 Club shows per year in different locations to be fair to all owners. I must commend you on the Portofino as it was an EXCELLENT gathering. Also I would like to have the option to buy club apparel that includes the older donzi boats as well as other Donzi items. Maybe you can have a picnic - tour - show at your factory once a year to for members . Perhaps even some kind of recognition ( certificate ) for certain club members that go above and beyond ( Scott , Gene , Geo ) to name a few. I think that a proper club is an excellent idea, this gives us an opportunity to physically meet the friends we have made on this great site that brings us together.

BERTRAM BOY
10-05-2000, 07:51 PM
Does this mean we'd be known as "D.O.G."s ?
BERTRAM BOY

green16
10-05-2000, 09:19 PM
This place gets better all the time.

Frank Civitano
10-06-2000, 05:32 AM
Nick. Great idea! Our membership fees for the NJPPC are 65 a year so your right in the ball park area. Would This Include ALL Donzi Owners? The more Donzi's the stronger the club! I could work with Cape Island to make sure they get mailers out! Next spring the NJ Donzi chapter can have one heck of a poker run. As soon as I work out the details I will let Chris know and I will then talk to you. I am also working with NJ to bring back APBA next year. Any Help Let Me Know.

------------------
Frank Civitano

Forrest
10-06-2000, 10:26 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me!

------------------
Forrest

Walter
10-06-2000, 10:55 AM
Forum members:

I suggest we nominate Scot to talk to Donzi about establishment of a club that includes aspects of this forum.

Do I hear a second?

Walter

Jamesbon
10-06-2000, 01:41 PM
Count me in on this stellar idea for sure! Furthermore, I'm not opposed to paying a fair, yearly fee.

A central place of communication would keep members up to date with the latest happenings of the club, using the link "Talk to the Donzi Factory" on this site may be a good place to start.

Wishful thinking - I can see Florida becoming the "Sturgis" of Donzi get togethers in the future.

Barry Phillips
10-06-2000, 04:19 PM
Sounds good to me. Us Donzi nuts have
to stick together.

SO-SLO

GEOO
10-06-2000, 04:28 PM
Nick, It would be great to have large Donzi get together's. Count me in. GEOO

BigGrizzly
10-06-2000, 08:47 PM
Nick, I'm in. After what you guys did for my son, He's in. I work for Honda and I know you guys care as much for your customers as my company does . You Mike and your staff prove it every day.
Donzi has given everyone here countless hours of fun and security on the water. Its now time we give some back in support. We CAN do it!!!! EVERYONE ON THE NET needs to post a response to show DONZI we care. Give suggestions show your support.

Randy, Barbara, and Andrew

[This message has been edited by BigGrizzly (edited 10-06-2000).]

gerry
10-06-2000, 09:01 PM
I hope I can join as an EX Donzi owner but still a Donzi Classic Fan.
Dr.Santiago
Zero Cavity Offshore Racing

Tony
10-06-2000, 09:22 PM
Yes...this is a grand idea. I would be willing to help in the Michigan/Great Lakes area, and I bet Riley/Les Cheneaux Islands would also be interested.

roadtrip
10-06-2000, 11:27 PM
Count me in! I have had several other brands of high performance boats over the years, but only the Donzi gets the looks, has the performance, and generates the passion in their owners, resulting in communities like this one. A club structured to enhance the Donzi experience can only strengthen your brand and the bonds of the Donzi boating community. My willingness to pay dues would be in direct correlation to what they would deliver. Todd Somerville

GeneD
10-07-2000, 07:07 AM
I'm in...been waiting for it like the lonely widow that walks the watch everyday praying for the return of her husband from the whale hunt.
Or something like that...

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Tom on Lanier
10-07-2000, 07:14 AM
Nick - that is a generous offer and a good idea. There is certainly a lot of enthusiasm for Donzi products on this web site and any support that you can offer would further strengthen that loyalty. Realizing that your suggestion would involve extra time, money and effort at your company, I offer the following perspectives:
1. Use this site(Donzi.net) for communication or at least link to here.
2. Figure what you need for dues to offset some costs and then add about $10 and send the extra to Scoot for The Registry.
3. Donzi is not a charity so I would not mind, in fact would welcome, some form of corporate communication about new products, accessories, clothing, shows , events,advice, tips ,hints etc.
4. Assign someone to monitor the site daily and respond when appropriate. (I know from experience that this is easier said than done).
5. Maybe Steve Simon could wade in here once in a while to help out on tech issues or driving tips etc.
6. I see this as primarily for vintage and classic owners but would certainly welcome any Donzi enthusiasts and feel they should be included equally.
7. Suggest one major event per year, like the Portofino, and then support what you can in regional, on water gatherings. Lake Cumberland, in Kentucky, should have a lot of appeal because it is about equal distance for owners from North, South and East.
8. Ask for suggestions, or maybe have a contest, to help select a name and logo. How about Donzi Owners Association or--- oh, wait, forget that one!
What ever you decide to do, you will have the support and thanks from this quarter.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

roadtrip
10-07-2000, 11:53 AM
I second the Cumberland suggestion. I drive to Cumberland with my boat, two or three times a season, from Texas. Most beautiful lake on the planet, easy access, and great Donzi water. Can you say all-Donzi poker run????? Now that would rock.
Todd Somerville

wbateman
10-07-2000, 04:04 PM
Count me in of this as well. The Honda guys are with you all the way!!!
Bill

DS88
10-07-2000, 04:13 PM
Where do I sign?

Dave

AGUESS
10-07-2000, 08:56 PM
Great Idea, Count me in also.

And by the way, thanks to all of your fellow employees at Donzi. I am restoring my 1966 Classic 18, and they have answered a lot of my questions concerning how to put this back together the right way.

Alex Guess

harbormaster
10-07-2000, 09:52 PM
Hi Nick,
Scot VanAlstine here. Maybe I am jumping to conclusions but...

With all due respect, What are you guys at Donzi trying to accomplish with your club? I have been helping to fly the donzi flag for the last 3 years with no assistance from donzi. Where have you guys been? Not once has Donzi offered to provide any support for this board. Would you agree that the registry was one of the reasons for the turnout at the Orlando gathering? How may of you registry guys would have known about it if the registry had not announced it? Lets see a show of hands...

I have a great idea. Why don't you guys buy the donzi registry and domain from me and I will run the regitry/club for you. What ever happens needs to be done as a labor of love and not as a way to sell boats.

Also seriously if you would like I can also show you guys at Donzi how to get a professional website up and online in less that 4 months.

Don't hesitate to call if you have any questions.
Scot VanAlstine
THE DONZI REGISTRY

[This message has been edited by harbormaster (edited 10-07-2000).]

RickSE
10-07-2000, 11:49 PM
The owners club sounds cool, but I agree with Scot. He and the others before my time have put a lot of work into this site and should not be left behind. A Factory Owners club could help us all, but should not compete with this site. If the two stay seperate than the Factory site should add something that this site can not, but at the same time respect this site to the fullest. And if there's only one than that site should involve or give credit to Scot.

CDMA
10-08-2000, 02:56 AM
Scot,

Well said. Nick you hearing all this?

Chris

riverrat
10-08-2000, 09:57 AM
great thinking Scot!! Donzi has a great Following here. I'm surprised that Donzi has not stepped up & givin to this site already. there will be a need for a site to carry out this (D.O.G.) anyway & I think this site could be altered to fit the need. Being a (D.O.G.) & a (H.O.G.) member sounds kinda cool to me. I love both of my toys..
sd

Crazy Horse
10-08-2000, 08:40 PM
Nick:
The success of this site is the catalyst to Donzi wanting one of their own. I have no reason to join in on your site if it means going there under your corporate banner... Frankly, I have nothing against the Donzi banner but the fun of visiting and revisiting this site is that it is just a bunch of people enjoying a hobby and each other. I think that Scot should be offered the position of running the site for you and I think adequate payment for his knowledge, enthusiasm, and expertise should be along the lines of hmmmmmn lets say a Classic 22 or at least an 18...
Crazy Horse

Kevan Donzi Ski Sporter16
10-08-2000, 10:12 PM
When I first read about the proposed owner's group, I immediatly thought of all of the work that Scott has done on this site, and felt that he was having the rug pulled out from underneath him. I belong to another organization, and have experienced the problems that can arise when hasty decisions are made. The Classic Registry fills a need that the factory probably couldn't fulfill: the dissemination of information and experiences we've all had with older model Donzis. Since the current factory doesn't have information on the early production runs, and probably wouldn't dispense the technical information avaliable here (liability?), this site must remain viable for all of us with older boats. I truly appreciate what Nick is trying to do, and there is probably a way for the two to coexist. However, the factory shouldn't usurp what Scott has done here. Doing so will alienate many who don't want to be lumped in with the bowriders and cruisers. We are (and wannabe in some cases) gearheads, and need to have this open forum to exchange thoughts on anything that may come up. I hope the factory will continue to support us as they have, and that should this move forward, it is done properly, so that all of the needs of Donzi owners are met. Scott, thank you for this fantastic resource for those of us with out of warranty Donzis!

------------------
Kevan in Vermont.
Way in the near future, Southeast of disorder

Blewbyu
10-08-2000, 10:44 PM
Nick-Sounds like a good basic idea.Would like the factory to have discussion with Scot and come to agreement that is amenable to all.Then-sign me up to open the Northwest Chapter! This registry has done more to bolster the Donzi image than anything other than the boats themselves.Believe Scot should have a strong guiding hand in the decision making process-he's been carrying the flag.....
I agree with dues concept-$50.00 hits a responsive chord with most I would think.
Regards-Jeff Moore
Bellevue,Washington

FASTEDDIE
10-09-2000, 05:16 AM
The mission of American Marine Holdings (Donzi) and the Donzi Registry are two different missions and should not be combined into one.Currently the "Speak to the Factory" is sufficient enough for input and unfortunately they don't respond to hardly any of the questions posted to that site.Factory sponsorship will bring all positive postings and no negative postings will be allowed or tolerated.Recent postings such as the cracked jel coat on the 38 footer stories will be deleted and we must have the freedom to post all Donzi news without sensorship .My vote is for two separate sites since there are two separate missions.

------------------
FASTEDDIE

Riley
10-09-2000, 08:54 AM
I think a national club is a great idea.....but let's be hasty and do anything to screw up the registry! This site and group of people have made my Donzi experience better by tenfold. As long as nothing jeopardizes or competes with this registry, count my and the Les Cheneaux Islands area in for the first Northern Michigan club event!

CDMA
10-09-2000, 11:19 AM
This is typical of what we have come to expect. Donzi posts one thing and lets us go with it. The question is are they even following this thread?

Chris

Tim Howland
10-09-2000, 11:33 AM
Scott,

You the man! Do not let them steal your thunder. This member is not willing to change horses mid-stream. As the owner of a late 80's boat, I wonder what the Corporate influence could help with here. In the North East I rely heavily on the knowledge of Mr. Weaver,(hands on stuff),and a bonafide Registry member. Say the word on dues, the boards are far better than anything on Media One and that's $50.00 a month. I would hope the Winnipesaukee group would voice some thoughts here as well.

Donzi Marine VP
10-09-2000, 02:04 PM
Scott and Gang,

Thanks so much for your responses. If and when we do a Donzi Owner's Club it will be done so that it in no way competes with this site.

Our goal will be to have a factory authorized Donzi Owner's Club that is sponsored and coordinated by the factory.

Scott, I appreciate your comments about Donzi buying this site but if in fact you feel strong about this site and what is is really all about I would definitley think that you would agree that by Donzi ownning or being financially involved it would change the content. This site is for owners by owners. This is not a factory site and owners can post whatever it is they want, both good and bad. I think the strength of this site is just that. It is an owner's site, not a Donzi site.

The Donzi Owner's Club will not be an internet club. Yes, we will certainly distribute information about the events on line and we certainly hope you allow us to post the information here, but it will be a factory authorized organization that is a tangible club with tangible benefits and products for all Donzi owners.

We have put quite a bit of thought into this and we are using your group as a springboard to see how all of you feel about this venture. To do it right we would be spending a very substantial amount of money and we want to be sure we do it right. We are certianly open to suggestions and we would love to have as many of you involved as possible in putting the local chapters together.

No matter what we do with a club this site will always be your main source for talking to other owners (as long as Scott is involved). We have no intention of starting our own web based club.

We think it is time for a world-wide Donzi Owner's Club. Brand loyalty is predominet with Donzi owners than any other boat brand in the world. The reason we want to do this is to reward our existing customers, strengthen our loyalty, and make owning a Donzi more fun.

I need to hear from more of you. If we get positive comments from you folks we will most likely go forward with it. If I get negative comments I will reevaluate the project.

For those of you that know us and have spent time with us you are probably aware of the reason(s) we are doing this. We like to enjoy ourselves and what better way to do it than with a world-wide club that holds events and functions all over the United States!

Please post your responses. I think this would be good for all of us.

BERTRAM BOY
10-09-2000, 04:58 PM
Well,
Nick's response definetely answers alot of questions, mostly the concern I had about this site. If it truly "Will in no way compete with this site", Then I'm absolutley in.
BERTRAM BOY

RickR
10-09-2000, 06:59 PM
Nick
I'm in!
I would like to see some "on the water" get togeathers sponsored by the factory.
I had a great time at the Orlando event (THANKS!) but I feel that more fun could be had in the water. Something similar to the Antique Boat Show in Mount Dora (March) with some kind of Poker Run type event.

I realize you're in the business to sell Donzis so how about a rendezvous in Sarasota (with a factory tour) in March 2001. With a poker run to Stump Pass or Boca Grande.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RickR (edited 10-09-2000).]

green16
10-09-2000, 09:45 PM
I am very new to this group but I have read and thought about what has been written (and not written). Only time, and the Donzi factory's actions and words, will tell the truth about their motives for the proposed D.O.G.. I can't voice an opinion on that as I don't know Nick VP. Does anyone have knowledge of him going back on his word to give himself an advantage? Any instances of going beyond what he may have promised for the benefit of others at no gain to himself? These things may give us insight into what type of person he is and what his/Donzi's motives may be.

Tom on Lanier
10-09-2000, 10:25 PM
Nick - spot on man! That's what I thought. Your enthusiasm, initiative and generosity are, darn near, unheard of in the marine business today. Even though a D.O.C. would not be based upon the internet, an owner's club and "The Registry" would serve to strengthen one another and enhance the Donzi experience for all. You know we are stoked in Atlanta about this and appreciate your offer and what you are trying to do. WE ARE THERE! Thanks to you, Mike and Mike and all at Donzi.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Rob
10-09-2000, 10:52 PM
Nick, I find your idea interesting, but I would like to know more specifics. If you can outline in more detail your goals and objectives, what you want to accomplish, what the benefits would be for members, what the owners club would do and and not do, I could make a more informed decision.

I can tell you I would not support anything that could negatively impact this site in anyway. I don't think I could put a price on value of this site to me in terms of information and recreation. However I do appreciate the support and interest you have shown to date.

I like Rick's suggestion of sponsoring on the water events, especially if they were a bit more local. Florida is 22-27 hour drive for me, but Lake of the Ozarks is only 2 hours and could be a terrific location for a get together.

P.S. Your dealer there could really use the help. They don't seem to be getting their fair share of what has to be one of the best markets in the country for high performance boats...

CDMA
10-09-2000, 11:46 PM
Of all you say I understand the reasons for Donzi not wanting to own the site however Donzi has recieved more free advertising form this site. Me for one, I am 18 and an aspiring Naval Architect, bought my old 18 becuase of this site and now for the rest of my life I will own nothing but Donzi's. Give me ten years and I gaurentee you I will have bought a new one. Now that commision should go to Scot. I understand that the big wigs upstairs would not like it but really Scot deserves a nice big contribution stipulated with no stings attached... a gift.

Chris
Webb Institute '04

Randy Hibbard
10-10-2000, 03:33 AM
Nick, count me in! We`re hungry for Donzi out here in California. Thanks for giving Scot the credit he deserves. Long live The Classic Donzi Registry and the future of Donzi Marine!

------------------

Randy

BigGrizzly
10-10-2000, 05:43 AM
Geez, guys! How did organizing a Donzi Owners Club turn into this feeding frenzy over this site????? One has nothing to do with the other! Get over it! A factory sponsored club would be a great way for us to get away from our computer screens and actually MEET the people we talk to here. This site is kind of like that parking lot you used to hang out in to talk to all your friends. What could the corporate guys possibly gain by any attempt to take over this site? That's not what the question was about. By the way, Green16, I have met Nick and I'm here to say that he and his brother are two of the most stand up guys I've met in a long time.

gerry
10-10-2000, 01:09 PM
It is clear that Nick's idea of a club is separate from the Registry. What I saw in Orlando I have never seen before from a boat manufacturer, that was a first class event.
Remember that the big money comes from the fishing boats and the big Donzis and one of the reasons they did the reunion was because they admire the passion and devotion we have for Donzi and Don Aronow.
Lets suport Mr.Miller's initiative for an owners club.

lou
10-10-2000, 08:25 PM
Yeah guys lets not loose it here. Donzi has been good to us before ( portfino ) and there is NO reason to doubt their motives. They benefit and so do we. Keep in mind that right now this board is the only Donzi site avilable on the web. We should form a club and we should stick together. We should also keep loyal to scott and this registry. If a club does exist a part of it should go to this registry, the bills don't get paid with good intentions.

[This message has been edited by lou (edited 10-11-2000).]

Kenn
10-10-2000, 10:48 PM
A Donzi Owner's Club sounds like a great idea.

Kenn

Greg Riach
10-11-2000, 01:59 PM
Nick
I think it is a great idea. I'm available if you need help in Ontario Canada.

Emmo
10-11-2000, 10:26 PM
Sign me up for the Alabama Club!

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

boldts
10-12-2000, 10:26 PM
I like it. I'd be willing to pay a fair price to belong. May I suggest Lake Cumberland in KY for a get-together. Beautiful big lake that all ready has a poker run scheduled. Could be tight on accommidations unless you enjoy camping out.

Stromer
10-14-2000, 09:16 PM
Nick,
Factory Sponsored Club...tangible...I love it. And I must agree - Leave the corp stuff off this site.

Go on with it - you are dead on!

PS - I need to do the same - Let's do luch and talk.

Varyak
10-15-2000, 08:14 PM
Nick,
I would be willing to help organize a Northeast Florida/South Georgia Chapter. I have already been looking into an in-water rendezvous in Palatka, Florida, and a trailered show at the Jekyll Island Club, in Ga.
Here on the St. Johns River in Jacksonville, we already enjoy one of your factory sponsored Poker Runs each year, and the folks want to step up the activity. The local dealer, Julington Creek Yacht Sales is very friendly and open to the concepts of supporting such an organization.
The Julington Creek area was once known as Old Bulls Bay. It can still be found listed that way even on current charts. I also have the preference for the factory sponsored club to be called the Donzi Owners Group, DOG's, as was previously noted by others. My newsletter masthead will be the Old Bulls Bay Donzi Owners Group, and the short name will be (swallow hard Gator fans) the BullDOG News.
Just like the Lake George folks have already formed, we here, are ready as well.
Mark Laszlo

FonziDonzi
10-15-2000, 08:51 PM
The timing of this thread is really ironic. After seeing as many Donzis as I did this weekend on my lake, I was thinking some sort of club/organization was needed for our area (chicago-Chain-0-Lakes)
Mr. Miller, anything that needs to be done in light of a chapter in the chicagoland area, you have my support 100%. Just name it, and I will do anything to help.

Also, I feel it is necessary at this point to thank Mr. VanAlstine for his creation of this wonderful site and the people that continue to gather here on a daily basis. Everyone on this board is truely special and a wonderful asset to the legend that is DONZI.
ok enuff, I'm all verclempt, I need to go sit in the Donzi http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif

------------------
78 Donzi X18
350 chevy
"Suckin gas & haulin ass"
Bad Ass Boys Drive Bad Ass Toys

Edward Donnelly
10-15-2000, 11:28 PM
I have owned 3 boats in my life. My first was a 16' Donzi 1968 to 1988. My 2nd. was a poor excuse for a Criterion look alike, (never put her in the water) My 3rd boat is a Criterion s.s. bought in 1995. So the last 26 of33 yrs. has been as a Donzi owner.The Donzi Registry is the only source of info for fellow Donzi owners and want to be's, that I have ever found.I feel Scot should be paid a consultants fee,and perhaps he could get this owners group up and running for you.Otherwise , by the time Donzi does it themselves, I'll be too old and my eyes will be too weak, for it to be any use to me.P.S. There are quite a few Donzis here in Canada. At one point in history Don A. had a company here in Canada building Donzis under licence. The company was Sheppard, and they were known as Sheppard donzis The 16' came with a 260 Ford and an Eaton outdrive. I seem to ramble a lot. I would be more than happy to pay $50 ($75 Canadian) if a portion was to go to the Donzi Registry. Ed Donnelly

MikeMiller
11-17-2000, 09:34 AM
WOW! Can ya believe the responses here!!??!!
We would like to thank each and every one of you for responding to Nick's message regarding the D.O.C.

It's exciting for me and Nick to be part of such a passionate group of people! This is what makes us want to own a Donzi ourselves! Your comments have been thought-provoking, genuine, kind, pointed, and supportive. And that's exactly what Nick wanted. Your sincerity has been appreciated.

Allow me to also agree with everyone that Scott VanAlstine has done an incredible job with the Registry. We will in way compete with him or the site - only support and enhance with more members

The D.O.C. concept has been long in coming. Nick and I sat down some time ago and wanted this to happen. As all of you can imagine... life and business got in the way and we had to pause.

We would like to restart this and thus Nick thought it a great idea to have everyone's opinion. Our synergy would be far better than only Nick's and my opinion.

Please continue this thread. Someone asked in their thread if we monitor this site and the responses - ABSOLUTELY! How else would we check the pulse of the Donzi heart?!!

Once again, thanks to everyone. Our goal here is not more money, bigger business, or more fame - simply stronger family!

Mike Miller
Marketing Manager
Donzi Marine

502 Magnum
11-17-2000, 06:13 PM
This place gets better all the time,great
enthusiasm.I`m new to stay,thanks Scot
Bjørn

oakadia
11-17-2000, 09:46 PM
Iwold definately be inclined to meet with other Donzi folks. Thanks for the invite.

dctobin
11-18-2000, 12:31 PM
I think it's a great idea as well!

------------------

green16
11-19-2000, 03:50 PM
Big Grizzly, Thank you for answering. I've not been to this post in awhile. I would love to belong to a D.O.C. as long as the appropriate consideration and acknowledgement goes to those that have been there for the years when the manufacturer was/could not be there.

Dr. Dan
11-22-2000, 06:42 PM
Nick, I would definitely be into a Mid-Atlantic chapter, we are in the York ,Pa area and generally romp around the northern bay area,Inner Harbor & Kent Narrows. Donzi has always been a fantasy boat for me since I was a boy, keep me posted. Thanks, Doc

harbormaster
11-23-2000, 08:29 PM
Food for thought.

I hear some of you saying a club in your area would be a great idea and that you are waiting on Donzi's effort. What has stopped you from already organizing in your area? Do you think that Mike and Nick of Donzi can snap their fingers and a chapter would magically appear in your area? I think not. For a nationwide Donzi Owners club to work it is also going to take local hard work on your part. Just ask Eddie of the Lake George Club. It is no picnic to keep a club going. I suggest that if you are the least bit serious about organizing, you should start now, so that when and if Donzi starts their effort your infrastructure will aready be in place.
If you need help email me and I give you a hand.
Scot V
The harbormaster

boldts
11-23-2000, 09:00 PM
Scot,
If we belonged to a Nationwide Donzi Club, would we also have to have a local club? Not that I wouldn't mind meeting Donzi owners and enjoy boating with them, but how big of an area should your club cover? Here in Ohio, the club could cover OH, MI, KY, PA and there is quite a bit of mileage between these areas. To start a club in Columbus, OH might only include a couple boats. In Houston, you would have some serious mileage also if you included the whole state of TX. If the National Club were to divide the country into lets say 4 sections and held a gathering in each section at a central location once or twice a year, then the members could choose which meetings they wanted to attend. Some members might have the $ to attend all areas of the country if they wanted to. Maybe a 6 hr. drive and a couple days of vac. is all others could afford. I've seen other boat makes hold get togethers at a local lake and some of the larger boats that had to back the trailer in so far that they actually dropped the trailer off the launch ramp. I would hate for something like that to happen at my first Donzi get together to people I was wanting to become friends with. I guess I should have e-mailed you, I didn't mean to get so long winded here. I would enjoy any help you could give me in starting a Ohio Donzi Owners Boat Club.

Scott Boldt
E-mail www.insight.rr.com (http://www.insight.rr.com)

Owen
11-23-2000, 11:34 PM
Sure would love to start a Formula Jr Club......
But I own the only two in the state......

Frank Civitano
11-24-2000, 04:59 AM
Scot.
We are already working on a NE chapter of Donzi owners, As soon as Cape Island gets set up. I want to link with Mike and get a copy of all Donzi owners in our area. This Summer there will be Poker runs and get togethers like Chris and I were trying to get together last year. Scot as soon as everything is in place I will let you know. Hey you are the heart of Donzi Central.

------------------
Frank Civitano

Stromer
11-24-2000, 08:28 PM
Madpoodle,

Tell me about this SE chapter!

roadtrip
11-25-2000, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by harbormaster:
Food for thought.

I hear some of you saying a club in your area would be a great idea and that you are waiting on Donzi's effort. What has stopped you from already organizing in your area? Do you think that Mike and Nick of Donzi can snap their fingers and a chapter would magically appear in your area? I think not. For a nationwide Donzi Owners club to work it is also going to take local hard work on your part. Just ask Eddie of the Lake George Club. It is no picnic to keep a club going. I suggest that if you are the least bit serious about organizing, you should start now, so that when and if Donzi starts their effort your infrastructure will aready be in place.
If you need help email me and I give you a hand.
Scot V
The harbormaster
Hey Scott,
First sunny day on a weekend here in Texas in what seems like forever. So what if the temperature was in the 50's, the 22 was out running great in the cool air.
I guess this kind of behavior qulaifies me and my wife as addicted Donzi classic fanatics. Okay Scott, we will take north Texas if you will take the south. You have my numbers, lets hook up and start working on the Lonestar Donzi club. Todd Somerville

Emmo
11-27-2000, 09:52 PM
We already have an ad hoc LA (Lower Alabama) Donzi Club that meets at least every Labor Day. This club has four regions so far- Montgomery, Panhandle, Jacksonville and Lake Lanier. The Lake Lanier contingent is pretty strong with at least four members and seven boats(?), but the Panhandle has Forrest with three boats (plus a Glastron, 27 Magnum and some other interesting non-Donzi's), GeneS and David. I only have one boat, but Dean Gillespie has a restored 16 and a basket case 18. Of course there is Varyak with his boat of the month club (first a new 16, now a new 18 and next month a 22?) from Jacksonville. The Lake Lanier guys were talking around Labor Day about putting on something nearer to their home, maybe a long cruise on the Tennessee around Chattanooga on Memorial Day? And Varyak has been threatening to have a do on one of the nice bodies of water near Jacksonville. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

[This message has been edited by Emmo (edited 11-27-2000).]