PDA

View Full Version : Hay Gene!

Scott Pearson
10-04-2000, 12:26 PM
When is the next years Donzi Florida get together. Do you know?

(NJ) Scott

Forrest
10-04-2000, 03:18 PM
Yea, GeneD, when are we going to have a Donzi get together in Brevard County (Cocoa/Melbourne area)? You have a great location with the Indian River, a number of dock accessable watering holes, tropical islands all up and down the river for stop overs, and best of all, cheap motels! Hay, I know what! We'll all just camp in Gene and Tina's living room. Talk about cozy! But here is the big "gotcha". Guys, you got to be willing to put you Donzi in salt water. That's right salt water! So if you are from up north, you may want to bring your "beater" Donzi and leave your immaculatly-restored original gel-coat Donzi in the garage. Since salt water doesn't bother Donzi owners in Florida, this advice doesn't apply to them.

Otherwise ScottP, click here (http://www.donzi.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000850.html) and somewhere in that thread it talks about Alabama Jacks during the Miami Boat show.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 10-04-2000).]

Kenn
10-04-2000, 04:49 PM
Forrest,

What you say sounds great.

Perhaps a better idea is to buy a beater on the way or when we get there.

Who says you can have too many Donzi's???

Kenn

Scott Pearson
10-04-2000, 05:15 PM
Ok...So when is nexy years Miami boat show? Or lets make this a little more simple. I most likely go to the Key's at the end of Feb. Is there anything going on then?

Oh, and I will be done with the Restoration of my Donzi right before then and I will take it in salt water...Why have it if you cant use it. The whole fun of it is restoring it over again...if I'm not dead by then.

See us guys up North like salt too.

(NN) Scott

CDMA
10-04-2000, 05:31 PM
Salt sucks but my boat behind the house sucks more. Already I can see some pieces that were blasted preped and painted showing a little rust and until you have seen me wash a boat you have never seen anyone wash a boat. Next time nickel plating....

Chris

GeneD
10-04-2000, 07:18 PM
I don't know when the "Vintage Donzi Show" is being held again in Orlando.
Last year it was in April. I guess they are going to have another one.
ScottP, do you plan on winning the "Oldest Donzi" award?
Your gonna have to beat Emmo and me for it. And I don't mean show up, I mean you are going to have to beat us up!
There are some others out there too that can do it with their 16's.
Come on guys, make some plans and make it!
They treated us like Kings and Queens.
**deleted on request of poster**
So (ScottP) you are planning on going to Key West in February? Might I ask why?
It's very cold down there that time of year. I think you should put off your vaca until, what Forrest, February 13? Yeah, that's it! It's much more warmer in Miami in February and you know what? We'll all be there!
But I ain't goin to Key West! Too long of a drive. Hey man, think about going to Key Largo, or Islamorada instead. More bars to go to by boat, and the water is so much more nicer. Key West is over-rated.
Scot B, back me up here.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 10-05-2000).]

Scott Pearson
10-05-2000, 08:30 AM
Gene,
I really dont care about some award.I never really liked sitting somewhere all day sweating my ass off just to take a piece of plastic home.I know I dont have the oldest Donzi. I'm just looking for something fun to do.

As far as the the Key's goes...I dont go to Key West. I go to the Grassy Key. In Feb. every year I stay there and its NEVER cold. Last year it was 85-90 and not a cloud in the sky for 10 days. Is that cold? I dont know? But 100 and above is not a fun time.

I go to FL. about 3 time a year. I dont mind driving. Never did.

(NJ) Scott

Joe I
10-05-2000, 08:48 AM
Great area. My boat was orignally owned by my father who kept it on the intracoastal in the Indian Harbor Beach area. I can't remember the name of the marina. Big Wellcraft dealer. Anyway, I used the boat a few times before it was transported north. Been to Cap't. Hiram's. Watched the dolphins. Had a Manatee come to the boat while anchored behind one of the many islands. Cruised the Banana River. If only I had a trailer...

GeneD
10-05-2000, 09:36 AM
Only funning ya!
Had a few too many champagnes last night, thought I'd try a little Donzi humor. Had to quick delete some stuff from my last post before ScotB kicked my butt!
I don't know where Grassy Key is it? is.
Hey man, I've been down there at the end of May and it was pretty freaking cold out there.
Regardless, we'll all meet up at the show? Last year (this past February I mean) was pretty fun. This year (or 2001 rather) should be really cool too.
ScotB will have his X-18, and Forrest said he'll bring his X-18, and of course I'll be driving my X-15, I mean my 2+3.
You know, this should be interesting. Forrest's got the 388 in there now! Can't wait to see how I stand up to these two X-18's!
Joe I,
Yeah you got it down pat there. All the landmarks.
Hey, I'm a former LI'er. In Centerport there used to be a motorcycle shop I used to go to a lot. They eventually burnt down. Remember the name?
Also, is the Thatched Cottage still there.
Go get a trailer, and hit the road!
We'll be waiting on you.
------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 10-05-2000).]

Forrest
10-05-2000, 09:37 AM
Yea, what are the dates for the Miami International Boat Show this year? I do know its usually in mid February around Valentines day.

------------------
Forrest

Joe I
10-05-2000, 10:24 AM
Thatched Cottage still exists. I am going to a Baptism celebration at Mill Pond (next to the Cottage) on Saturday. The Shack is busy as ever. The only motorcycle shop I know of is Rosa's in Huntington. Rockhoppers burnt down. An HD shop was supposed to open in the old Vengroff-Williams (collection company) building (adjacent to Rockhoppers) but it never happened. It was eventually knocked down. That corner is nothing but woodchips. Tung Ting closed it's doors.

Point me in the right direction for a trailer. I remember some talk but cannot recall the details. Manufacturer, cost, etc.

GeneD
10-07-2000, 07:59 AM
Joe,
A new trailer?
You got some jack ready?
Hit up the BuyLines, do they still publish that rag? You should be able to get a deal.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida