PDA

View Full Version : Offshoreonly.com

PaulO
10-03-2000, 04:15 PM
Wow,
Offshoreonly.com got really pissed at the A-holes that were disrupting the board and started a whole new board using this format! Scott, did you have a part in that?
PaulO

Forrest
10-03-2000, 04:26 PM
I won't go to Offshoreonly.com (http://www.offshoreonly.com) anymore. It's pure trash over there and I don't want any part of it.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 10-04-2000).]

GeneD
10-04-2000, 11:36 AM
Oh come on Forrest,
We need the laughs!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Jamesbon
10-04-2000, 12:48 PM
Laughs are about the only thing offshoreonly's good for. Sorry Offshoreonly, but Donzi.net kicks your a*s! (I'm starting to sound like one of them....I'll stop now.)

Nathan

PS yeah, that place is a little rough.

Scott Elgas
10-04-2000, 12:55 PM
No kidding. I jumped on there after I read the postings on the poker run. WOW! It was good for a laugh, but I felt sorry for the people that were looking to share information. I knew that this site was great, but now I realize just how GREAT it is.

Forrest
10-04-2000, 02:35 PM
Ok Gene, I'll check it out again next time I'm depressed and need a laugh. I do feel sorry for the people who set that site up, since I'm sure that they never intended it to be a full-time bashing and a "my-boat-is-faster-than-your-piece-of-doggie-do-do" board. My guess is that they were expecting it to turn out to be something more like this board - where you can acutally get some real information.
OK, I just checked it out again, and now that they went with the Ultra Board format, it does seem that it may have a ray of hope. Only time will tell. Glad to see that they didn't bother to archive any of that old crap though.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 10-04-2000).]

BERTRAM BOY
10-04-2000, 03:24 PM
Forrest,
Actually,I was there yesterday and I did see a lot of archived "CRAP".
BERTRAM BOY

Frank Civitano
10-04-2000, 05:36 PM
The hot Pick photo's of Geo's my boat and Damn Donzi are cool and the poker run pics are good. But the nasty people on Offshore have to go!

------------------
Frank Civitano

GeneD
10-04-2000, 07:04 PM
FrankC,
And y'all,
Look guys...I know that everyone here wants Offshore.com to be a really cool place to go and talk about racing and fast boats of all kinds.
But don't you see what they have?
Everyone on the net needs somewhere to go. All the jerks of powerboating have ended up at Offshore.com.
That is their place. It's a bummer, but that is where they need to be. Leave them there, and let's just look at it as being the Ghengis Khan clan of offshore powerboating. We don't need to be there. But THEY DO!
We have our nice little posting area, and they have their crazy, profanity filled arena, and they are happy.
Are we happy? You bet!
Let them stay there, and we'll stay here.
It really is a shame, but, hey, that's the breaks!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

harbormaster
10-04-2000, 10:05 PM
Sounds like offshore's webmaster has lost control of his boards.