PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Days and Mondays

GeneD
10-03-2000, 02:04 PM
Gosh, I mean Tuesdays.
It has been raining here for 4 days straight. Of course we get the thunder and lightning too. Some freaking hurricane or some such in the Gulf.
What to do? What to do?
Guess I'll just hang out and talk Donzi.
Maybe make a call about a flywheel?
Practice my putting?
Dream Donzi...yeah, that's what I'll do.
Hey guys, have you noticed 15 days of Bond on TBS - the Superstation? They are running a contest, "Be Like Bond Week". Looks cool!
Oh and how about this? I was watching a program on Saddam Hussein last week, and guess what kind of boat he owns?
A DONZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, well, I guess at least HE can afford the gasoline.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Forrest
10-03-2000, 04:22 PM
Rain, what rain? The sky is *totally* clear in North Florida panhandle, Gene.

The X-18 is almost ready to go back on the water. I had the heads reworked. New bronze valve-guide liners, eight new HD 21-4N stainless exhaust valves, a Milodon high-flow water circulation pump. Now I'm going through the TRS MerTrans II. New seals, bearings, etc. I tried to buy a brand new TRS MercTrans II from HLSM.com, where the have 'em listed for $845.00 each, but they email me back and said tough luck kid, there ain't no more. In fact, most of the parts from that thing are NLA, but you can still get O-rings, seals, and bearings, and that's about it.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 10-03-2000).]

GeneD
10-04-2000, 11:19 AM
MP,
Thanks big man, I see the clouds rolling in now!
Man, it has been coming down something fierce lately!
Still trying to find a flywheel.
This is what I found out...
The flywheel I thought would fit is from a 1998 Volvo 4 cylinder. The Volvos are using a GM casting for this set up. I forgot where that flywheel came from, and it sure did look like it fit, unitl I tried to bolt it on of course!
Sucks, this thing is practically brand new. My local "rip-you-off" shop wants $100 for the correct one. And he knows he's got me too!
What to do, what to do.
Forrest,
Enjoy the sunshine while you can. The rain is gonna come, beleive you me.
Think I'll go to the shop and screw around with something.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

jimmyc
10-04-2000, 01:43 PM
so long summer!! rain....you guys are complaining about rain? our local weather "person" is forcasting a low of 23 degrees for friday morning with sleet and snow showers all day!!! i pulled the 16 out of the water last week and made a call to have the 22 pulled today....i have purchased one 502 already and i'm not that excited to do it again. ahhhh, soon i will have to close my eyes and dream of a certian moonlight cruise in the 22 or a sunny sunday afternoon back in feb. spent on Biscayne Bay......"boy Gene is throwing a big rooster-tail..."

jimmy
quite a ways north of elian and a little west...

Forrest
10-04-2000, 02:21 PM
JimmyC! Where have you been? Get the travel bar ready! ScottB, tighten up the parking at your house! GeneD, get that motor together! Alabama Jacks (and elsewhere) via Donzis (2nd annual) during the Miami International Boat Show! I should be bringing my X-18 to this one.

BTW, anyone going to the Ft. Lauderdale Boat show later in this month?

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 10-04-2000).]

GeneD
10-04-2000, 03:03 PM
Forrest,
If you're going to the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show, I'll be going to!
I refuse to be upstaged by a Florida Panhandler. Ooops, that didn't sound too good did it?
Anyway, yeah, I'll go.
What're the dates, ect.
Could probably get MP to show up too.
PARTY!
Hey, my boat should have an engine in it by then, I hope!
Hey, I bid on two things on Ebay recently and I would appreciate it if no one else did.
The first is a flywheel, and the second is a pulley set-up for Merc.
Please????????????????

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Forrest
10-04-2000, 03:22 PM
Gene, another local boy from around here wants to go, but it's still up in the air. I think the dates are 10/26 thru 10/30. I'll sure keep you posted.

------------------
Forrest

Jamesbon
10-04-2000, 03:35 PM
If nothing comes up on this end, I'll make the trip over to the show. If you would, post dates/specifics somewhere where I'll find'em. Who knows, if the GT's running reliably, I'll trailer her over too. Is "Alabama Jacks" in Miami?

I've never "boated" in the Miami area, but want to after flying over it.....BEAUTIFUL!

Kenn
10-04-2000, 04:20 PM
Say Gene did yo get my e-mail??
Send me your tel numbers so I can discuss the matter with you.

Just remember that after the rain goes, the air is clean and the sun seems brighter.

Kenn

GeneD
10-04-2000, 07:47 PM
Kenn,
You didn't get my email?
Nother one comin!
After the rain the air is clean?
Only in New England big fella.
Here, after it rains...all kinds of stuff starts growing! Mushrooms all over the place. Pollen like mad.
Mainly a jungle type of smell. You know the smell...right?
The sunshine? After it rains and the sun comes out. It is freaking HOT! The air is so full of water, the ground steams, and condenses on your exposed skin! Before you know it, you've lost 5 lbs through your sweat glands.
Down here, we like just before it rains. The wind picks up and blows a cool breeze. Just immediately before the wind blows a gale and the rain comes down in 55 gallon drums.
Very refreshing.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 10-04-2000).]

gerry
10-04-2000, 08:43 PM
Zero Cavity will be on display at the Ft.Lauderdale boat show. Look for the McManus display next to the Double Tree Hotel.
If you guys go look for me.

GeneD
10-05-2000, 10:29 AM
Ah, Zero Cavity will be at the show huh?
Now I know why you didn't run it in Islamorada.
Cool...very cool!
Yeah, we'll be looking for you.
JB,
AlaJacks is down the road a piece from Miami. Not far. We all met at ScotB's house and took off for the launching ramp which was about maybe...20 minutes away. The ride to AJ's was another 30 minutes?
But Lauderdale should be cool. I do believe there is a Shooter's there. Be cool to tie up our boats all together.
Boating in Miami...STAY IN THE CHANNEL!
Gentleman, start your Donzis...

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 10-05-2000).]