PDA

View Full Version : Intake Gaskets

PaulO
10-03-2000, 09:13 AM
Anyone see these before? Go to Jegs.com, engine, gaskets, intake, torque plus.
Sorry, couldn't get a link to work.
Paul

GeneD
10-03-2000, 09:40 AM
Yeah, the link situation with Jegs sucks.
Anyway, I would think that these gaskets are not for us.
I mean, doing away with restrictions in the intake is what we strive for!
Quote from description:
"Torque Plus has found a way to take racetrack technology and apply it to the everyday high performance street vehicle with their intake manifold gaskets. The result is more low end torque, fuel economy and throttle response. The theory behind their screened intake gaskets is easy: The Torque Plus System reduces atomization fallout of the fuel by fittinga small mesh screen into their gasket, which runs directly across the entire mouth of the intake port (the closest accessible point before fuel mixture enters the combustion chamber). As fuel flows into the cylinder head, it will re-atomize, forming finer droplets. These finer fuel droplets allow the fuel to burn faster, creating more horsepower from the same amount of fuel!! This results in improved throttle response and an increase of between 10-15% on fuel economy. Torque Plus is a worthy addition to any engine."
I'll say this, the idea behind the technology is extememly interesting.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Looped
10-03-2000, 10:44 AM
PaulO,
They may be the wrong ones, but here you go:
JegsCatalog (http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=26764&prmenbr=76&path=76%202256%202272%202276)

Craig

Forrest
10-03-2000, 04:45 PM
Yea, I've tried them - in two engines. By the seat of the pants, I couldn't tell any difference. One thing that I did notice though was that when I removed the intake manifolds, about 50 hours of use, some of the stainless-steel screens had totally vanished! I called the Torque-Plus people in Hawaii to ask what happened and they acted like I shouldn't be bothering them with such dumb questions! Well, I figured that the screens were torn out from a few backfires, and then they were promptly ingested into the engine! Hmmmm, maybe that's why I had to do a valve job all of the sudden on those engines. I now use Fel-Pro Printoseal type gaskets (Fel-Pro P/N 1205 for SBC).

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 10-03-2000).]

BigGrizzly
10-03-2000, 08:24 PM
I don't want to suprise anybody but J.C Whitney offered these in 1963. they didn't work then either. They tried to copy the old Offy pinning the intake trick.