Silent choice
Gaffrig gauges
Beautiful rigging
needs some elbow grease
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1165039&a=10646984

PaulO

GEOO
03-19-2001, 05:28 PM
Paul, Nice!!! Bravo, BB, Freshwater cooled, Mufflers!! You have all the best parts. GEOO

RickR
03-19-2001, 06:38 PM
VERY NICE!!!
Did you purchase a trailer? Have you weighed her?

I like the dash and rigging looks excellent!

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Dr. Dan
03-19-2001, 06:43 PM
PaulO, That's a class looking ride,great lines, what year and size is it? ...Doc

PaulO
03-20-2001, 08:24 AM
I found an excellent 98 aluminum tandem trailer in DC that Chris went down and picked up for me. Great find. I also was very impressed by the rigging. The boat was originally a BBC/TRS and was re-powered with the Bravo setup. Nice controls, gaffrig gauges, remote diaphragm bilge pump, dual batteries and switches, and lots of nice touches. Needs to be cleaned, hideous compass and horn mounted on the deck and bottom paint that needs to be blasted off. I will pull it off the trailer in the next few days for the bottom blasting.
PaulO

Forrest
03-20-2001, 09:22 AM
Nice!!! I need, or I should say, I want one!

------------------
Forrest

boldts
03-21-2001, 10:35 PM
PaulO,
Any chance I can talk you into bringing her down to Lake Cumberland in May? She is one fine example of a true classic. That BB Magnum engine should get a 20' boat moving really well. And what can I say about your trailer package? First class! Really a sweet looking boat package. You'll be spending hours at the launch ramp answering on lookers questions. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Scott Boldt

Looped
03-22-2001, 07:04 AM
Very nice Paul. It looks a bit roooomier too since you sit more towards the bow or is that an illusion?

Craig

PaulO
03-22-2001, 03:35 PM
Thanks alot for the compliments guys! Unfortunately, Lake Cumberland looks like a long shot. I won't rule it out completely but, the wife is due to give birth to child number 2 in 6 weeks, number one is only 20 months (I'm 42 and tired!), the second story addition on the house is not ready yet, the 34' Silverton needs mufflers this year.........

Anyhow, the cockpit of the cig is only very slightly larger than the 18 Donzi. Most of the extra length is a long deck out front.

PaulO
PaulO

PaulO
03-26-2001, 09:45 AM
Well, despite the temps in the 30's and the lousy wind, I dropped the cigarette in for a quick ride on Sunday. Better than I had hoped for. I wanted/needed a bigger boat than the 18 since we have big chop and big wakes here. The 18 was a great boat and did a commendable job in the slop. I didn't know if the extra couple of feet would make a real difference but, boy was I wrong. Night and Day! I went through slop with whitecaps that at speeds I never would have been able to do with the 18. Ran great, handled great. Really happy with the choice.
PaulO

seano
03-26-2001, 11:48 AM
paulo, sounds great...you're a reall trooper going out in that weather we had this weekend!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you and Chris and Rick(and anyone else for that matter!) on Saturday, June 23rd at Claudios. We're putting together a run, so mark your calendars! There's a ramp across the street from my house in Riverhead, if anyone wants to trailer, just let me know, and I'll make the arrangements for you. If you haven't gotten an email from me, send me an email or call and I'll put you on the list!

Cheers,

Sean
516 455 1200

DONZIMAN2
03-26-2001, 12:15 PM
Awesome! And thats all I got to say about that!

GEOO
03-26-2001, 05:04 PM
Paul, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only fool out last weekend. Congrat's on an early season. GEOO

BigGrizzly
03-26-2001, 07:29 PM
Glad to hear your cig runs well. that one of my all time favorites. Trying to get mine together. Its fighting me all the way, but I will win. Hope my luck is as good as yours.

Randy

PaulO
03-27-2001, 08:10 AM
George, Randy,
Hoping to see you guys at the Spring Dust-off at Lake George!
PaulO