PDA

View Full Version : Just a Peek

GeneD
09-27-2000, 06:29 PM
Want to give you guys a little peak at the new motor.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1173240&a=8637555&p=29419736

Yes, that is a remote oil filter. Coming soon...oil cooler!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 09-27-2000).]

Frank Civitano
09-27-2000, 08:33 PM
Looking GOOOD!!! Hi Gene waiting to what happens at work next week. If I got my promotion ? If I didn't we will go to NC. If I get the new job it will be a little rough, With Training! I am taking off for the APBA race in ST,Pete flying down Thursday morning in November for the World championship.

------------------
Frank Civitano

GeneD
09-28-2000, 08:28 AM
FrankC,
Good luck on the promo, you'll get it and I won't see you in NC. But hey, that's what happens!
Don't look like we're going to Nassau, the flight school won't let us fly out of the USA.
So it looks like we're going to Islamorada for the APBA race.
As far as St. Pete goes, we should be able to make it, but sans 007.
But you never know!
How do you plan on watching the race when you get there? From the pier? We did that last year and it wasn't too bad.
As far as my motor goes, I am a tried and true conservative, and I do not like chrome valve covers and the like.
But...I WAS considering doing the SST braided hose thing. I saw a kit in AutoZone that seemed fairly inexpensive and was wondering if anyone has used them, and how much trouble they are.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 09-28-2000).]

PaulO
09-28-2000, 09:15 AM
Gene,
Is that a pair of the old Mercrusher Stainless steel exhaust risers? If so, hang on to those babys.
PaulO

GeneD
09-28-2000, 09:28 AM
PaulO!
Good freaking eye man!
Yes they are.
And let me tell you something. When I pulled them off to replace the studs for the mounting of the remote oil filter, the insides were pristine!
It was the rest of the stuff that looked terrible!
Yeah, I don't want to depress you by telling you how much I paid for them, but I got a bargain basement price!
And no, I will not part with them, they are just too nice a piece.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Jamesbon
09-28-2000, 03:21 PM
Gene, I never got to see the braided SST set up at Autozone, but it sounds nice. I ended up making a copper double flare fitting line from the pump to carb based on you and madpoodle's suggestions. I must say, it turned out real nice, and looks pretty good to. Have you considered going that route?

GeneD
09-28-2000, 03:33 PM
JB,
I'm not concerned with the fuel line at the moment. What I was talking about was cooling hoses.
AutoZone sells a kit that will put SST braid on existing hoses and it looks rather cool.
I was wondering if anyone has used this on their boat motor and how they liked it.
The fuel line is another story, and if I ever got the braid for the hoses, I would definiely go for the braided fuel line.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

GeneD
09-29-2000, 08:51 AM
More of a peek!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1173240&a=8637555&p=29523417&Sequence=0&res=high

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Kenn
09-29-2000, 09:13 AM
Say Gene,

Very very slick. And I love the placement of the remote filter.

That new engine looks absolutely perfect and could make up half a matched set for my Seven Meter.???

Now that your doing this engine work full time, have you considered traveling or taking in refugees from the north to nurse or replace engines and drives??

I have considered repowering my Seven Meter with twin 350's depending on the space available and the height and distance between existing "mercrusier" transom holes.

What do you think???
I could get to bring it down and have some quality time in the sun and consider all that testing we would need to do.

Kenn

kmg@nsiweb.com

[This message has been edited by Kenn (edited 09-29-2000).]