PDA

View Full Version : Donzi 28

tcalhoun
03-15-2001, 08:30 PM
Thanks to the site I noticed the Donzi 28 on ebay and was the successful bidder. I'm in the process of getting it picked up (a little difficult as I live in Japan at the moment!) but if there's interest I'll keep you posted on my progress. My intention is to restore it, so if anyone should have any old literature, ads, etc (beyond what's on the site, I'd like to hear from you. Wish me luck!

Dr. Dan
03-15-2001, 09:12 PM
T, Welcome and congratulations, wow Japan? I'm sure a 28' would draw a bit of attention there. I'll keep my eye out for literature, I'm attending some Marina spring openings & sales, I'm hoping to answer some questions for my own toy, "Liquid Asset". Good Luck..Doc

BERTRAM BOY
03-15-2001, 10:11 PM
Tom,
Congrats on your new purchace. Definetly keep us posted on your progress. I know we've "spoke" before, thanks for the info...
BERTRAM BOY

Robert Geoghegan
03-15-2001, 11:33 PM
Tom,
Congratulations! What was your final bid-if you mind me asking? You have to get a copy of Michael Aronow's book "The King of Thunderboat Row" there are many GREAT photos of that same hull. The book also goes into some detail and interesting stories on that boat.
I'm into my third year of restoring a 28' 1967 Magnum. Take your time-if life gets hectic, cover it up and come back in a few months to work on it!
Maybe you can post some photos-Before and someday After! Best of luck with the new project.
BOB

rayjay
03-16-2001, 11:00 AM
I'm glad someone on the list got it. I was thinking of bidding but I do not need anymore major projects right now.

Good luck with it! Now, a pair of 630's with B-max drives, some superchargers, and....

rayjay

Frank Civitano
03-16-2001, 04:48 PM
Congradulations and welcome to the World of Donzi. You are now on the best boat boating site on the web, for info that is 2nd to none. There are guys here that can help you an inspire you. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully we will meet one day.
Frank Civitano

tcalhoun
03-17-2001, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the good wishes. My winning bid was $1925.00 and the trailer was included, so it gives me a little "room" to work on it. Should be picked up this coming week and I'll probably send it to Stuart, FL to have the work done. According to the seller, it has been a 100% fresh water boat, one owner, and was converted by MerCruiser's high performance guys from V-drive to staggered big block stern drives many years ago. As I work for Yanmar diesel, I'll probably repower with a pair of our 315 HP/Bravo sterndrive packages. I won't actually see the boat til I return for home leave in June...I'll let you know what it really looks like then! Bertram Boy, I haven't forgotten you....am still trying to run down that 24' Baron. A little hard to do from the far east!

BERTRAM BOY
03-17-2001, 01:56 PM
Tom,
Thanks for keeping me in mind. Hey, I've waited this long.......
BERTRAM BOY

green16
03-17-2001, 09:35 PM
Tom,
Welcome and congratulations on your new boat. Sounds like it is going to be a beauty. I've had my Donzi for 8 years but only joined about 5 months ago. I've had many questions answered and am having the boat done this winter. Have a ball and a safe trip back. John Teixeira