PDA

View Full Version : Ebay 1967 16'Donzi Basketcase

Voodoocanoe
03-15-2001, 03:14 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1123105012

Stumbled across this, just thought I would pass the info.

[This message has been edited by Voodoocanoe (edited 03-15-2001).]

Forrest
03-15-2001, 07:09 AM
Hay GeneD, the location says Melbourne, Florida. Have you taken a look at this one yet?

------------------
Forrest

GeneD
03-15-2001, 07:18 AM
Guys...this is the same boat I was looking to buy before I bought my 18-2+3. Don't be surprised to see the reserve to go over $2000. I don't know why they say no trailer, there is one there. It is at a marina (off US-1, just south of the Pineda Causeway), and they probably want to sell a new trailer.
The engine is seized and is total trash.
It hasn't been registered for over 10 years.
Basically, you are buying a hull and deck. Everything else is junk.
I can not wait to see how high it gets. These people would not come down past $2500 when I was looking at it. It has been in the family since new.
Remember, I almost bought it. Thank goodness I didn't.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Looped
03-15-2001, 07:31 AM
Gene,
Do these postings look familier:

Thu Jun 5 10:01:06 1997 Gene I am currently looking at a boat (Donzi, 16 ft) at a marina up the street from me. It has been sitting in this marina's yard for about three years, and has never moved. My buddy says it's a Donzi Sweet Sixteen. It has left hand steering, wrap around bench seat, a V-8 engine, and what looks like a white Volvo outdrive, with a torpedo type thing on the end of the propeller. No upholstery, and no engine hatch. There is a hand rail around the cockpit. It is definitely an old boat, I can't determine it's age at this point. Does anyone have any idea what year it might be, and what I could offer these people for the boat?

Tue Jun 10 11:01:55 1997 Gene Drago I have found some more info on this Donzi I previously asked about. It seems that this boat is a 1967 Sweet Sixteen. Hasn't been run for 5 years. it has a Ford 289 cu in motor with a Volvo-Penta outdrive. No carburator. The outdrive will not turn left to right. It has been repainted. No interior upholstery. The steering wheel has heavy duty UV damage to the rubber (white). Brand new (5 years new) Donzi trailer. It is missing the cowl vents. The engine hatch is there, but does NOT look original. The hull is in basically good condition, I see no problems with that area. I am currently negotiating the price. These people are firm on $3500.00. Does anybody got an idea if this is a fair price? It sounds high to me, but I know that this thing is a definite classic worth a lot of money restored. which brings up an interesting thought. Where can I get parts for this boat? I called the factory and they said that parts for the older boats were very rare...no kidding...and thought that the parts from the new Classic line wouldn't fit properly. I'm dead set on getting this boat. Any help out there?

PaulO
03-15-2001, 08:16 AM
Wow Gene!! You were such a neophyte!!! Amazing how far you have come!
PaulO

GeneD
03-15-2001, 12:58 PM
Yeah, well that was embarrassing Looped!
Thanks for sharing with everyone!
Yeah, I was just a Donzi novice at that time. But, hey, it does give you an idea what these maniacs were asking for this boat. I think for a grand, with the trailer, is a good price to pay.
I DID almost buy it. Glad I didn't.
Gosh, how embarrassing....

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Looped
03-15-2001, 01:03 PM
Sorry Gene.
I didn't mean to bring back bad memories. If you want I can kill it for ya.

Craig

GeneD
03-15-2001, 01:10 PM
Absolutely not!
It's way too funny.
Leave it alone.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

raritan
03-15-2001, 10:21 PM
The reserve is $3,000.00 and no parts are going to be sold. This is a perfect restoration project.
THANKS-GARY

THIS IS A RESPONSE TO AN EMAIL TO THE SELLER REGARDING THE BOAT.

GeneD
03-16-2001, 05:39 AM
See? Did I call this shot?
Dream away Donzi seller...dream away!!!!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Looped
03-16-2001, 07:00 AM
Hey hey hey, easy now. Someone NEEDS to do it. You're just jealous I bet, I'm tellin ya it's a tough job. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif

PS. Believe me I'm doing what I can for Len, Now this is a tough one.

Scott Pearson
03-16-2001, 07:04 AM
$3,000 is a little much. I mean for a boat that needs everything and I'm sure its going to need some wood work done. They all do somewhere. No hatch...Motor froze...hummm. If it was 1967 18 then it might bring a little more. No offence 16 owners.

my 2 cents

(NJ)Scott

Len
03-16-2001, 09:15 AM
Owen, the list is Wonderful. My appreciation goes out to all for keeping their "Peepers" on for me. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif