PDA

View Full Version : SE Michigan Get Together

Ranman
03-14-2001, 01:30 PM
I know this is a bit early for us Michiganders, but who's organizing a MI get together. We should get a couple of classics together at Metro Beach, Strawberry/Harsens Island, or where ever. I'm itchin' to get out there and would like some Donzi buds to hang out with. I know you guys are out there, lets figure something out.

Voodoocanoe
03-14-2001, 03:14 PM
Count me in, Metro would be the ideal place.

boldts
03-14-2001, 03:20 PM
I've only been up to MI to attend a couple GLOPRA offshore boat races. If you get a gathering together, let me know when and where. Depending on where in MI, your only a few hours away from Columbus Ohio.

Scott Boldt

Voodoocanoe
03-14-2001, 03:26 PM
boldts - You should be all set as far as racing goes in Ohio as there are 3 planned. Eastlake,Grandriver and Cleveland(Pro Series Event)which will make it a major throw down there will probably be more than 100 raceboats entered in that event

doug
03-14-2001, 04:29 PM
Count me in.

------------------
old Yeller

Tony
03-14-2001, 09:09 PM
Count me in as well. A while ago Riley from the Cedarville/Les Cheneaux Islands area talked about a gathering up there. I'm game for either, or both!

Sam
03-14-2001, 09:19 PM
Count me in ! We may want to consider the Algonac area. I keep my big boat at the Harbor Club in Algonac, there is a great DNR launch one block away. This is a fun place to run around in, there is always good water here if the lake gets to crazy.

Sam

Voodoocanoe
03-14-2001, 09:49 PM
Metro beach offers many finger docks for $7 for 8hrs or $6 on seawall it is a large lagoon and a short ride down the canal to Lake St.Clair,And also offers a sandy beach,volleyball,swiming pool,picnic tables,golfcourse(lawnpool)putt putt golf,nature trails,rollerblade/bike riding trails,overnight facilities with showers and all the finger docks have 120V all on approx 200 acres and best of all it has a very nice boat launch with 10 or so ramps.

boldts
03-14-2001, 10:08 PM
Voodoo,
Where is Metro Beach? If it is near Detroit, I think I have been there once before. Superboat Racing held a offshore race near Detroit that I attended. Do you have some info on the area you could add here as far as a website?

Thanks;
Scott Boldt

Voodoocanoe
03-15-2001, 02:58 AM
Boldts - here is the link http://www.metroparks.com/parksA.html

Yes there was an Offshore race there in 1992 and 1993 and also this summer there will be an Offshore race there in June.It is approx 30 miles North of Detroit.

Ranman
03-15-2001, 10:42 AM
boldts - You might try www.lakestclair.net (http://www.lakestclair.net) for information.

Everyone - This is great. I love the response. I will work on a Metro Beach gathering so long as Voodocanoe will assist with his knowledge. I think we should also do other MI gatherings, but I will focus on this one for Metro Beach as I am not familiar with the other locations. I would like suggestions on a date to hold our gathering and based on the suggestions we will pick a time that works for everyone. My suggestion is for Saturday May 26. It should be nice enough by then. What do you think?

Voodoocanoe
03-15-2001, 03:10 PM
Ranman - Metro Beach is right down the road from me, I would be happy to assist.

olredalert
03-15-2001, 04:28 PM
Love the idea of a Mich. meet.Only problem for me is my boat probobly wont be ready until June.Id love to show up and meet any local DONZIers in any event.Unfortunatly,my resto is taking longer than it should because my resto guy just lost his Mom after a long illness.I trust him alot and understand completely,but its a little frustrating still.Algonac would be a great place to hang.There are a load of great watering-holes all around there and Harsens Island,and the water is great for some top end style stuff!!!!!!!!Im up in East China and have a dock right on the St.Clair river so am real close,and would love to help in any way I can.There are a bunch of rare DONZIs in and around Algonac that would love to hear about something like this.Probobly would get a few out of the woodwork with a well placed ad or two.Hope to hear more about this!...........just........Ol Red!

Jerry H. Eisele
03-15-2001, 06:44 PM

Jerry H. Eisele
03-15-2001, 06:47 PM
We boat out of Port Clinton . Metro beech sounds good .

Tony
03-15-2001, 09:46 PM
I boat out of Lansing, so obviously we trailer a lot! Usually to the west coast but since I was born and raised in Detroit w/ family still there Metro would be great for me. While in high school/college I crewed a lot of sailboat races on Lake St. Clair... North Star Sail Club, on the Clinton River.

Chris Riley, where are you? I want to come to Cedarville...and need a super deal on a cottage with a dock!

Ranman
03-16-2001, 11:40 AM
Voodoo, How should we work this? How can we set it up so everyone can dock near each other? What kind of itinerary should we set?

Everyone - Below is my email address. I would like to create a list of who is tentativly planning on coming to the outing. Send me your names, addresses, phone #'s and the boat & people you're bringing.

I will try to put together some sort of map or directions for those not familiar with the area or coming from out of state. Also, if anyone needs help finding local accomodations, I should be able to help there too.

Lastly, if anyone has any good ideas to enhance our idea, send 'em to me. Randy.

randall.oak@gm.com

Dr. Dan
03-16-2001, 10:04 PM
Hey Guys, great idea, I live in Pa. now but I grew up in Howell and graduated from MSU, I,m planning on a trip to the West side, Muskegon and Grand Haven area around the 4th. I'd be up for a slight bi-pass to a Donzi gathering or a seperate trip if the timing was right. I also have relatives up near Cederville, beautiful Islands up there.

Jerry H. Eisele
03-17-2001, 02:44 PM
Do you have any idea what weekend , you are going to have your event?

Ranman
03-19-2001, 07:35 AM
I was looking at the weekend of May 26 - 27. Saturday would be the main day of the get together.

jwright
03-20-2001, 09:08 PM
I live in west michigan and would love to come over to the east side to join a pack of classic Donzis!
If there was some interest a gathering in Grand Haven could be good. If Lake Michigan is rough (for a Donzi?), the Grand River and Spring Lake can provide some decent water.
I trailer all over the state during the summer, so an up north meeting would work for me.

Tom on Lanier
03-20-2001, 09:40 PM
WOW -And yet another Michigander comes to the fore! You guys have a lot of potential for a great getogether. Make it happen guys! I'll be thinking about y'all. From a Michigander in exile in Georgia. Good Luck. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Tony
03-21-2001, 11:17 AM
The end of May on Lake St. Clair is great for me...let's make it happen.

Speaking of an up north get together, where are you Chris Riley...of Cedarville/Les Cheneaux Islands fame??
I am still planning on a 3 or 4 days there, Donzi gathering or not.

Voodoocanoe
03-22-2001, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranman:
Voodoo, How should we work this? How can we set it up so everyone can dock near each other? What kind of itinerary should we set?

Everyone - Below is my email address. I would like to create a list of who is tentativly planning on coming to the outing. Send me your names, addresses, phone #'s and the boat & people you're bringing.

I will try to put together some sort of map or directions for those not familiar with the area or coming from out of state. Also, if anyone needs help finding local accomodations, I should be able to help there too.

Lastly, if anyone has any good ideas to enhance our idea, send 'em to me. Randy.

randall.oak@gm.com

Ranman - I know that you can reserve the wells in a group, but not sure if there is a mininum number or how much of advanced noticed that they will need, they also rent big top circus like tents.

Captain Rob
03-23-2001, 10:14 AM
Hey Guys, I responsible for The Lake St. Clair Network www.lakestclair.net. (http://www.lakestclair.net.) I would be happy to assist in anyway. We have a wealth of information on our web site with a newsletter that goes out thousands. As a Donzi owner I would be happy to help spread the word.

Riley
03-23-2001, 09:08 PM
Hey guys, great to see so much interest in Michigan! I've been pretty wrapped up with snowmobiling the past few months, but the snow is goin' and the ice is melting. Unfortunately, there is still over 2 feet of ice on Cedarville Bay, so splashing the Donzi is still a few weeks away.

If any of you guys are still interested in a Cedarville-Les Cheneaux Islands get together, let me know and we'll get the ball rolling up here. I'd also be interested in coming South to the Metro gathering, but I think Memorial DAy weekend might be kind of crazy down there.

Think Spring!!

Dave Howe
03-23-2001, 10:31 PM
I would be coming from Monroe,MI but I would like to help with anything I can. Let me konw what I can do to help.

Dave Howe

Sam
04-15-2001, 11:05 AM
Are we on for Metro Beach May 26th,if so let's set and time and place to meet in the park.

Sam