PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run Photos

DS88
09-24-2000, 10:12 AM
Here are some pictures from yesterdays Poker Run. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1186845&a=8918251

Dave

Gearhead99
09-24-2000, 12:26 PM
Great pics. Looks like everyone was having a good time.

Looks a tad "cool" in the weather department.
What was the temp??

PaulO
09-25-2000, 10:11 AM
Yes, there is a photo of my boat being towed back by Ralph. Dave was kind enough to ask if it was okay to post the pic. Thanks Dave. The truth is that my motor didn't make it to the end. I blew a head gasket. For those of you who followed the posts, you know this is my second stroker motor to die! I began disassembly and stopped when I found a huge corner of the starboard head gasket blown out the rear of the head!!!! I will take pics and post since I have never seen this before. Oh well, it was running good.....
PaulO

Great Pics Dave!
Geoo, Ralph, Alex, Dave, Chris, great getting together with you guys. Let's make sure we all make the Spring dust off at Lake George.

BTW,
Next years poker run might be a good idea if we can get a group of Donzis and lay back in the beginning to let the big bone-heads go.

Frank Civitano
09-25-2000, 06:12 PM
PaulO
Waited for you to come back, Left the Donzi in to take you for a ride. Now I see why you didn't come back! What happened to George ? As far as the Poker Run . We wont go there! To many Hells Angels with boats and EGOs with no Brains with no respect for other boaters! I was swamped twice had my nose almost clipped off by a Ghost and a 40 Fountain so close to my back my wife could have waxed his nose! When I told him to back off he wasn't nice if you know what I mean. We run Poker runs in NJ all the time and never have this trouble. These guys may have just killed a great event that we would have come back next year and do again!

------------------
Frank Civitano

FrequentFlyer
09-25-2000, 06:22 PM
PaulO -

Glad to hear your problems don't appear to be fatal. Headgaskets are no fun but it's better than if you threw another hunk of motor.

Thanks for encouraging everyone around here to get together. I had a great time. And you'll definately see me at the Lk. Geoge dust-off in the spring.

GearHead - Cloudy but comfortable, in the high 60's - low 70's. The clouds kept all of the of "pleasure" boats away. A welcome side-effect. We had the bay to ourselves save a few unsuspecting fishermen.

Alex

CDMA
09-25-2000, 06:28 PM
Frank,

George and I had a nice run but we bailed out early due to the head gasket. We ran really well and outpaced a few really fast boats. We passed the Jones Beach bridge and we were still losing colant so we went back to Paul's house. I thought George was going to go back by car but it did start raining.
For all of you that have never seen or been in Mighty Mouse it is by far the wildest donzi ever. At 75 mph George can take his hands off the wheel. The boat runs so stable, so hard and so smoth. Re-entry is soft and predictable. I have never been in any boat at anyspeed that handled as well as this....I want one....

Chris

PaulO
09-25-2000, 06:30 PM
Frank,
Sorry my hometown boaters gave such a poor showing although I can't say I am surprised after all the trash talk on Offshoreonly.com. What a bunch of jerks. Makes one wonder how guys with that mentality can afford those boats! Anyway, I won't be surprised if it never happens again. Wish we could have spent more time. The Donzi guys are great though!
PaulO

FrequentFlyer
09-25-2000, 06:59 PM
Frank -

Sorry we didn't hook up. By the time I got to Paddy's there was no room left on the dock. I thought we might hook up later but I ended up coming out by Paul's house with the rest of the guys.

Alex

GeneD
09-25-2000, 07:53 PM
PaulO,
Blown head gasket?
Hey, I've done that one! No kidding! Right out the side of the motor!
Sorry big fella, that sucks. You know, I saw that photo with Ralph tying a line to his lift eye and wasn't sure what was going on.
Bummer!
Hang in there though, it is only a matter of time before you get this thing ironed out. Right?
Huh...wait till you hear what is going on with my motor. One thing after the next...
Hey and Frank, let me tell you something that the other guys won't wanna hear, but I'm going to say and tell you all anyway!
I am a former North Shore guy! All the North shore guys, (and I haven't met one yet that feels otherwise) will tell you that the South Shore guys are crazy. They will cut you off, jump your wake (about 10 times in a row), flip you off, shout obscenties, and more. This is when I had a 30' Pacemaker. The old yachting days! We used to get really depressed just thinking about going to the S.S.
Go to a North Shore poker run or yacht rendevous, they are all a bunch of gentlemen and gentlewomen. GEO knows, don't ya?
Nuff said. I probably irritated enough people for one day. You never know if one of those guys from OffshoreOnly.com is reading. Ha, they were the ones that gave me bad info on launching my boat at the Nationals coming up next month.
Anyway, with the bad, always comes some good. When Donzi folk get together, it's always a good time. Glad you all had a great end-of-season good ole Donzi time!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

RichF
09-25-2000, 08:29 PM
PaulO:
Sorry to hear about your engine problem. Unfortunately, it seems the guys are right. I seemed to notice problems on the bay (South Shore) with "rich" folks out east who ran high performance boats with no clue. The fun part was, if they didn't know the water around my area ( low water problems) they'd run aground. Money sometimes doesn't = brains, I guess.
Good luck w/ 383!
Rich F

------------------
Rich mailto:fngrht@aol.comfngrht@aol.com</A>
http://www.corvetteforum.net/classics/richf/wave.gif

[This message has been edited by RichF (edited 09-25-2000).]

Frank Civitano
09-25-2000, 10:10 PM
All The Boaters should be like the DONZI guys! Then Offshore.com would be a nice place to visit! From talking with the group after the run. We are going to look at the North side and keep the Riff Raff out! Geo will tell you how nice our NJ poker runs are with out the troubles. Sorry I missed everyone and Paul O thank you for the directions. Got to get you down for a ride one day! Gene you got that right Ruff Crowd!

------------------
Frank Civitano

seano
09-26-2000, 06:57 AM
I want to qualify this post by stating that I did not attend this event, and have only heard stories(from reliable sources).

Its a shame about the South Shore Poker Run, and as an "armchair quarterback" with 20/20 hindsight, I thought that this run was doomed from the start...The south shore is to shallow and too narrow to promote such an event. yeah, there may be a couple of good spots to serve as poker run stops, but when you have 70+ boats, there are bound to be problems given the shallow waters and narrow channels of the south shore.

I was actually talking with a a friend of mine about starting a Powerboat Club on Long Island and putting on such an event, but after seeing what happened on the Great South Bay, we are reconsidering. It would be great start a club and put on such an event, but we don't think it's worth this kind of headache.

It's a shame that a couple of morons have tainted an otherwise fine event.

Frank, perhaps you can send me an email, I'd like to talk to you about the NJPPC.

Rich, "rich" guys from east end?" Just wondering who from out east showed up, 'cause I know most of the boats---not necessarily the owners on the east end and wasn't aware of anyone attending...

Sean

Frank Civitano
09-27-2000, 08:37 PM
Sean O. You can E-Mail me at yposdonzi@adelphia.net . I was talking to Kirk from Kryptonite, Pretty boat Nice F-1 boat for the price. I remember you talking about one. How are they?
Frank Civitano

RichF
09-27-2000, 10:54 PM
Seano:

I wasn't referring to anyone that attended the Poker Run, just in general to things I've seen over the years boating in Moriches Bay and thereabout.

------------------
Rich mailto:fngrht@aol.comfngrht@aol.com</A>
http://www.corvetteforum.net/classics/richf/wave.gif

[This message has been edited by RichF (edited 09-27-2000).]

Frank Civitano
09-28-2000, 06:00 AM
What Happened at The Great South Bay! Joey Impressia the great offshore racer and his merry gang of thugs, decided instead of joing in, They would crash the party! The Pace boat was supposed to go to the Jones beach Inlet before he dropped the flag. Instead Mario and 21 skater and the guy that flipped with the 24 wiggled in The pace boat started way before the inlet. There were about 20 boats that crashed the party! And they full Throttled and thats when the Mayham started. When I saw this going down I backed off and moved to the right. Thats when I decide to run my own pace, I had my family aboard. When we got clear of the mess it didn't stop who sliced your bow, cutting off and speeding in slow speed areas. The Police were not happy campers! This was all because The NJPPC was not welcome in Long Island according to the Island Performance guys! Take your Poker Run back to NJ as they said. Its ashame because we NJPPC helped John from Superboat put on this Poker Run and it was supposed to be his baby next year! All the Long Island Members wanted a Poker run in there backward and we did it because of them. I hope John Cohen from Superboat is proud of his boy racer and merry thugs for messing up his party. Because thats what they did. The Great Bay is actually not a bad run. There are so many splits to run! Then to end the day Joey jr one of the Quido sons, Leaves Paddy Mcgees FULL THROTTLE! Lets really put salt in the wound!

------------------
Frank Civitano

PaulO
09-28-2000, 09:08 AM
Frank,
I always thought that Joey Imprescia and John Coen were cronies. What is this all about? I, for one, hope that the run can be salvaged because the Great South Bay really is a great place to boat.
PaulO

GeneD
09-28-2000, 09:36 AM
Frank,
It is spelled GUIDO!
You of all people should know that!
Mr. Civitano!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

rayjay
09-28-2000, 01:32 PM
And here I thought Francco was thinking of Moby Dick....

Frank Civitano
09-28-2000, 06:57 PM
OOPS! Sorry good Italiono Person I am!

------------------
Frank Civitano

Frank Civitano
09-28-2000, 07:01 PM
Paul O , Joey expected to get in for Free! John said No! He got mad. Oh well I had to pay, George paid and didn't go? Were Is George haven't heard from him! HEY GEO WERE ARE YOU!

------------------
Frank Civitano

GEOO
09-28-2000, 07:07 PM
FrankC, I'm here!! Busy at work and trying to get the boat running stronger. I had fun at the Poker Run but it was a little stressful. Engine coolant leak, too much driving and running around, not enough relaxing. Sorry I didn't catch up with you. Thanks for pulling my cards. GEOO