PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Question - Price on New 18

Bad Dog
09-20-2000, 04:41 PM
Guys:

My Dad is looking to buy a new Donzi this weekend (we're at the beach). Does anyone have any pricing on what a new Donzi 18 is going for nowadays?

Also, anyone know what the engine options are?

Anything else he needs to be concerned/know about?

Any help is appreciated.

BTW, went out in the sound today with my 18, hit three sandbars and called it quits for the day. Crappy maps... will try again later this week.

Bret

------------------
Bret Pedigo
bret@emji.net

BERTRAM BOY
09-20-2000, 05:21 PM
Okay Bad Dog,
I'm going to scold you just like I scold my wife..... CHARTS NOT MAPS!!!!!!
As for the price on a new 18 ...Varyak are you listening?

Frank Civitano
09-20-2000, 06:17 PM
About 40.000 for the 18. Was just at AC boat show.

------------------
Frank Civitano

RickSE
09-20-2000, 09:18 PM
BadDog,
My father owns a dealership the Southwest, I'll try to get a hold of him and let you know the cost on a new 18. Dealer cost will be well below $40K. If your interested and know what options you want we can sell you a new boat for far less than anyone else and deliver it right to your house.

Varyak
09-21-2000, 05:05 PM
It can be as high as $52k if you do what I did and special order a boat with the new 6.2L, ALL the options, and a new trailer. However, for about $36k, you can own a new 18. Depends on how big your need for speed matches your willingness to pay for it. Call RickS if you want to save money up front and don't mind delivery costs from AZ to NC. It is strongly advisable that you order from a reputable dealer, who can properly rig the boat prior to delivery.

Mark

P.S. How about organizing a Donzi Rendezvous at someplace in NC like Lake Lure. Or maybe just across the boarder in Virginia at Smith Mountain Lake.

GeneD
09-21-2000, 05:16 PM
Now guys, I've mentioned this before, and I'll do it again...
October 13th. APBA National Championships at Washington NC. I know of at least 3 Donzis that will be there.
Mine included.
We have our reservations already. Days Inn, I believe.
And for you fans, the launching ramp is supposed to be right at the Fountain facility's backyard.
For you non-Reggie fans, I guess you'll have to find other means!
Oh, and by the way, anyone planning on going to Nassau, Bahamas for the Superboat race on the 30th of September? Looks like 007 Racing Team will be flying out there in a private twin prop job. Anyone wanting to take out flight insurance on me, better get on it!
Emmo, can you pull it off? Has your buddy gotten off restriction yet?

Sorry to horn in on your new Donzi posting. But maybe we can all see your dad's new ride in Washington!?!
------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 09-21-2000).]

RickSE
09-21-2000, 06:22 PM
BadDog,
I briefly talked to my dad today. He didn't have his price book but thought he could sell a new 18 for less than $30K, depending on engine and options, this price does not include a trailer. He usually delivers Donzi boats with Myco trailers, steel or aluminum. If your interested I'll give you his number so he can price one for you. He's back in your area (Maryland) through the weekend. One thing about my dad is that there's no bull****, if you know what you want he'll give you his best price. I'll e-mail you his phone number.

Bad Dog
09-21-2000, 07:59 PM
Guys:

My Dad and I thank you for all the input. He's going to go down to Wilmington tomorrow and see the dealer there. I don't know if he'll buy or not.

RickS, thanks. We'll be in touch if he doesn't splurge on a new one tomorrow.

Thanks again everybody!

Bret

------------------
Bret Pedigo
bret@emji.net

RickSE
09-21-2000, 10:13 PM
Bad Dog,
I sent you an e-mail with some pricing info. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll resend. I'd also be interested in what kind of prices your dad finds at the dealers out there.

Varyak
09-28-2000, 07:06 PM
Bad Dog,
So whuja du about the boat this past weekend?