PDA

View Full Version : Reply to GeneD

MikeMiller
03-06-2001, 11:21 PM
GeneD and everyone,

Gene brought up a good question and concern regarding Factory sponsored events that I feel obliged to address. I f I were in your shoes I would feel exactly the same.

As you know, it was a sincere heartbreak to have to postpone the Orlando show but trust me - it is just that - a postponement.

Besides that, we have never really had factory sponsored events! That was kinda the first. Funny, huh.

That just goes to show you how great the country's local chapters have been!! They make it seem as though Donzi corporate has had a bigger hand than we did. For that I personally thank every local chapter out there!

On that note... it is my personal goal to make as many of the local events as possible. Right now I am scheduled for Lake George, NY; Lake Winnie, NH; and Lake Cumberland, KY.

I might even surprise some of you and pop up at one (maybe even real soon).

By the way, we are looking to sponsor the Lake Cumberland Poker Run in September and I better see all o' you mugs and your dames there!

We value every one of you and your enthusiasm. Be patient with us as we do our best to show our gratitude.

Mike Miller
Director of Marketing
Donzi Marine

Bandit
03-07-2001, 06:52 AM
Mike,

I'm looking foward to meeting you at AOTH and you'll have a great time during the September poker run on Cumberland.

I didn't get to run in it this past September, but I've got some good pics from the top of my houseboat that I'll bring to AOTH.

------------------
Bandit...

GeneD
03-08-2001, 11:49 AM
Well, gee!
I am flattered beyond belief Mike!
I guess I can remember saying something about Nick and the factory, but I must have been having a few, I really did forget.
Factory Sponsored Events...
Well, if the Portofino wasn't one, I am very impressed with the event nonetheless.
And hey Mike, we really don't have any local chapters. This is all just stuff we dream up to get Donzi guys and gals together. ScotB has been instrumental in a lot lately. I wouldn't mind getting more involved myself.
At one time, it was mentioned that the factory was considering sponsoring local chapters, this thought/idea should continue and be realized. I can just imagine how difficult it must be for a company to foot the bill for something like this, but isn't it kinda necessary? I mean, the publicity alone is worth it's weight in gold as far as advertising is concerned.
I was so thrilled about the way we were treated in Orlando last year. It was such an honor to be recognized, and for me and a few others to recieve awards for our treasures. That in itself paid for all the hard work I did restoring my old battle wagon.
I look forward to seeing you Mike, and perhaps your bro, and all the other FLA guys. With all the attention being given to the Georgia thing, I guess I will go too. In fact, I am looking forward to it.
Thanks for replying Mike, I would like to think that it was not only a response from the factory, but a personal one as well.
Full Throttle!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida