PDA

View Full Version : help the vagrant

vagrant
03-06-2001, 04:40 PM
hey guys we have a new donzi forum over at offshoreonly.com come on over and post your boat and tell a little bit about it thanks
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

GeneD
03-06-2001, 07:04 PM
I don't have the guts to do this, anyone want to volunteer?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

BERTRAM BOY
03-06-2001, 07:11 PM
Nope

RedDog
03-06-2001, 07:45 PM
I'll admit it - I have lurked over there some. But for the most part, they're just not my kind of folks. I'd say more, but I'm trying to restrain myself more these days - discussion of religion, politics, women, boats, and manners will only get me in more trouble - sorry, there I start again....

------------------
Reddog
mailto:tsfloyd@bigfoot.comtsfloyd@bigfoot.com</A>

vagrant
03-06-2001, 08:19 PM
hey guys
am i missing something here it seems as though offshoreonly is not well thought of
if so would you enlighten me thanks
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

Bryan Tuvell
03-06-2001, 08:22 PM
Hey Vagrant! I will check it out...
Are you still up for Cumberland??? Look forward to seeing your big Donzi there.
Bryan

vagrant
03-06-2001, 08:32 PM
hey bryan
yes i'm still planning on making the trip if all goes well i am still fine tuning the motors its gotten pretty cold here so i cant do much but really look forward to meeting everyone also i guess since there is a chance
i may not make i 'm planning on staying in my boat instead of hotel any thoughts on that pros or cons
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

boldts
03-06-2001, 08:43 PM
Vagrant,
Have you looked at renting a dock at the Jamestown Marina? That way you can stay on the boat and I believe it costs $10 a day. You may want to give them a call about that cost. I've slept on my 18' before, but not the most comfortable thing to do for 2 nights with my wife. (We're not the young newly weds anymore) The number for Jamestown Marina is: (270)343-5253

Scott Boldt

vagrant
03-06-2001, 08:50 PM
thanks
i will give them a call and see what the tell me i have slept on my boat several times its not to bad i have some comforts of home tv porta potty fans for air ref and plenty of adult beverages thanks again
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

roadtrip
03-06-2001, 10:19 PM
Vagrant,
One word. CLASS. Looking forward to meeting you at Cumberland, Todd

Tom on Lanier
03-06-2001, 10:34 PM
Vagrant - I have a room and a slip reserved. If you have trouble getting in, you are welcome to use my slip for your boat. I'll probably pull my boat out at night anyway.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

vagrant
03-06-2001, 11:00 PM
hey tom
thank you for the offer i will take you up on that it will make it easyer on me and i will pay you for the slip thanks again as it gets closer email or i will you and nail down the details thank you again
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

PaulO
03-07-2001, 08:39 AM
Okay, I will stick my neck out here....
There has been an overwhelming disgust at the antics that have gone on in the name of offshore power boating on the Offshoreonly site. It has repulsed many of the Donzi folks to the point where they refuse to even view the message boards on that site. I however, must admit, that the site has greatly improved since the board format has changed. It is clear that there are a core group of good intentioned individuals that make an effort at keeping it friendly and informative. I don't think that Offshoreonly will ever be at the level of this board but I do think that it is often a good place for some very high level discussion on all technical levels of power boating. There are several people who regularly contribute to that board who run some very well thought of marine businesses and have no problem dispensing info gained through many years of marine industry involvement. Although Donzi is still my favorite marque, it is severely myopic to limit yourself to this board and miss what is going on with other fine and not-so-fine brands of power boats. Just my 2 cents. Still think this place and these people are the best.
PaulO

EricG
03-07-2001, 10:52 AM
Wow Paul, I don't think anyone could have said it better......

EG

vagrant
03-07-2001, 03:41 PM
mr paulo
i respect your opinion and can understand how the board comes across sometimes, they are tring to make things better but the forum they put up for donzi is just that its not connected to the main board it has its own forum and it is not limited to the type of donzi boat that you have i just thought it would be nice for people to see the variety that donzi has out there and the people that
own them you never known the connection that can be made out there i know that when people see these big offshore boats that sometimes a certain era comes with that and i guess i'm just tring to break that because when it comes down to it no matter how big your boat is or what it is that is the common among the boat owner . thanks, i hope this came out right.
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc