PDA

View Full Version : What I learned about Donzitis...

CnV & Family
07-10-2002, 07:23 AM
Here's what I learned about Donzitis:

1) Your stuff can never arrive soon enough.
2) When it does arive... smoking mulch is all that's left of the packaging.
3) When installing a drive shower, the sheer nervousness of drilling on a drive is quickly overcome as you hear a very loud and fast boat pass in the distance.
4) Having never owned a GPS before, I have to say it is quite dangerous to try and convert knots to MPH, read a crapload of bearings, examine the cool 3D satellite signal strength view, and navigate menus while driving on a busy road.
5) When attempting to replace gauges and upon realizing you don't have all the necessary hardware, put the old ones back in. Do not leave in the new guages in anyway just for looks, especially using the rational that you have a new GPS...
6) Just because you learned how to get to the starter and change it out doesn't mean every time you open the hatch you should reach for your tools to see how fast you can disconnect the battery, remove the drive cable assembly, drive oil resevoir, exaust riser, and starter and then turn around and time yourself putting it all back together with no extra hardware left over!

Ok, so this is my 'newbie' viewpoint from never even have touched an engine short of changing spark plugs, air filter, and engine oil in my truck. Just thought ya'll might enjoy my perspective on things from a fairly green boat owner... :D

-C

ToonaFish
07-10-2002, 10:32 AM
Yep, the Donzi.net has created another monster!

Bunches,

Celene 'and so the fine obsession begins...'