PDA

View Full Version : Help! Friend's plunge

Desert Fox
06-27-2001, 11:36 PM
I recomended a contractor friend in New Jersey consider a classic DONZI for his son. This individual will only buy new.
A leftover 2000 ; White Green ( is it forest green or dark green color in 2000 does anyone know??); white interior with green trim ; Sweet 16 located. He wants it, sight unseen. 220 Merc Alpha alot of options however silent exhaust. Dealer states for
$ 800.00 can provide "switch" to go either.
Help please! I got my friend into this because of my love the the D boat(s) and he's wants to rush the purchase in next day or so. (1) I know most of your are into "classic" classics however, is the general feed back good on the 2000's as to quality, finish, etc ? (2) Does this "switch" work and is it advisable? (4)Is there anything to ask or request specificaly if this switch is installed and does it add to the boat's intrinsic value or re-sale?? (5) finally, (what is best size/make/capacity trailer for 16' 1/0? the boat?
MANY, Many thanks for any thoughts.....I 'm in a technical never land and have a friend laying down dollars.....

Tom on Lanier
06-28-2001, 06:39 AM
Silent Choice exhaust is a good thing and adds value to the boat.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Desert Fox
06-28-2001, 07:09 AM
Thanks for your advice TH.Will recommend it.