PDA

View Full Version : Wild Ride

EricG
02-28-2001, 03:37 PM
Well, after ridin' through that 6.5-7.0 earthquake in my office on 36th floor in downtown Seattle, I can tell you it was not a pleasant experience!! Everyone around here was OK, but there is quite a bit of damage to some of the older buildings, and our elevators were out for about an hour.

I've already called down to my parent's place, about 20 miles from the Epicenter (also where the boat is stored), no damage or injuries there....

I hope all is well with everyone else...

EG

[This message has been edited by EricG (edited 02-28-2001).]

Looped
02-28-2001, 03:56 PM
Bum deal Eric. I work in the John Hancock building in Boston, MA for 2.5 years on the 20th floor and I hated it. I can't imagine being on the 36th flr with an Earthquake. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

Craig

boldts
02-28-2001, 07:13 PM
Eric,
I work for Nationwide Insurance. We have a data center in Portland, Oregon. It was reported that they evacuated the building due to the quake.

Glad to hear everything with you is OK.

Scott Boldt

Peter Beck
02-28-2001, 07:14 PM
Eric my wife’s uncle called and he was 18 floors up in a hotel room and said the same. I hope any aftermath is minimum. Stay low!!!!

Murphy
02-28-2001, 09:27 PM
One time my wife and I were on the 18th floor of a hotel here in Illinois. She swore she felt the earth move... funny thing is there was never anything about in in the paper the next day. Seriously, the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard about the Seattle quake was whether anybody on this board was injured. I need to get out more.

Murph

Blewbyu
03-02-2001, 04:48 PM
My daughter and I were home.I thought the house was coming down-so ran outside to avoid it's demise.The garage the Donzi is in with my son's Wellcraft,was built in the 1920's on a slope and has a 2x4 on end floor.Dust was rising over where the garage is-and the cement driveway was rolling like ocean swells,trees whipping back and forth,and unbelievable noises from the ground and the house/garages. When the dust cleared and the rolling stopped-and after we had checked on family,I went to the upper garage and opened the door.Amazing!Nothing was even disturbed in the garage!Anything that flew around-landed almost where it began!My sons o/d skeg was barely touching the floor,and had scribed about a 1'scuff on the floor(6"each way)indicating the whole rig had moved about on the floor and returned to rest in original place.The fenders of the trailers(about 2"apart)never touched.
Believe us NW members can now at least lay claim to having the few Donzi's that have reached 7.0 on the Richter scale!Not that it's worth it........just a little tooo thrilling!