PDA

View Full Version : Performance exhaust

AIRGRADY
02-27-2001, 09:52 PM
I was recently at the Miami Boat Show and was on a mission to find a new exhaust system for my Donzi. CMI has some SWEET stuff, however, I cannot justify the crapload of money they want for their products. I located Stainless Marine and I was pleasantly suprised that I can buy the Hi-Torque Big Block manifolds and long stainless risers for $1795.00. There is one hitch, I will need to have the stainless risers custom made for my boat. It seems my boat has exhaust ports mounted quite high in comparison to the motor location. I do have pictures in the registry of the current/original exhaust system. The fella at Stainless Marine said the manifolds on the boat look like the old "Dominators". I sure could use some advice and answers to some questions.

Are the manifolds on my boat still available? "Dominator"?

Who is running Stainless Marine Hi-Torque manifolds? Are you happy with them? 5 YEAR WARRANTY!

Since I have a V-Drive and my engine sits backwards are there any potential problems I might encounter with the Stainless Marine system?

What other systems are available for my application? Price, performance, warranty, etc.

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Grady

ALLAN BROWN
02-28-2001, 07:36 AM
CHRIST, GRADY,

I AM THE ENGINEER AT STAINLESS MARINE. WE'LL HELP YOU GET STRAIGHT. THE PROCESS FOR MEASURING PIPES IS A SIMPLE ONE. SEND ME YOUR FAX # AND I'LL FAX IT TO YOU. MY FAX, 305-685-1457.

BROWNIE

RickR
02-28-2001, 07:38 AM
Make sure you ask the cost for the system w/custom risers. Backwards should not be a problem.Aftermarket exhaust companies use one casting for both sides. Just make sure you can hit the holes. The flexible exhaust hose helps but it sure is tough to bend. Some companies (Gil) sell spacers and wedges to make their stock exhaust fit. But I think their Offshore exhaust is around $2500
BTW Stainless Marine (Alan) has been great to the Registry members and they have great products.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RickR (edited 02-28-2001).]

Jamesbon
02-28-2001, 07:57 AM
I have the Stainless Marine set up for my small block Chevy with the custom stainless long tube risers. I'll never use anything else again.

My buddy has the Hi Torque set up on his 502 Cigarette. Looks and functions very well. He went from Stellings dry headers to the Stainless set up and is thoroughly pleased. By the way, the GIGANTIC 5" pipes don't look half bad either http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

Nate

BigGrizzly
02-28-2001, 06:56 PM
Grady, just fax Brownie He does this stuff all day. He is a real hands on engineer. He doesn't drive a train, he is for real. If you like the Stainles Marine get them./ they are as good or better quality then the rest. Besidrs you don't have much choice, they are among the shortest available. Look at Chops his EMI hit the hatch. Go for it

Randy

[This message has been edited by BigGrizzly (edited 02-28-2001).]

Tom on Lanier
02-28-2001, 09:36 PM
Grady - I just put the Stainless Marine Hi-Torque set-up on the Big Block in my 22 Classic. Brownie and Stainless Marine were very knowledgeable and helpful. They delivered my order in about three days! The system fit well including my silent choice system. I suggest Stainless because of their reputation, my experience, Brownie and they are reasonably priced compared to some other systems. They can help you. Good Luck.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Tim Howland
03-01-2001, 02:59 PM
Grady,

I run Stainless Marine system complete on my SBC. Just had the 4" angle tips re-flapped. Very high quality products. Brownie and Company do an outstanding job.

All good,
Tim

Frank Civitano
03-01-2001, 06:31 PM
Grady. Just bought a set. They look great. cant wait until I fire the boat up.

------------------
Frank Civitano

AIRGRADY
03-01-2001, 09:38 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. It seems I will have to get in touch with Allan Brown at Stainless Marine. I have a day off work coming to me so a road trip over to Miami might be in order. I appreciate all the advice.

What if I take an old manifold off the boat over to size the riser?

Thanks again,
Grady

[This message has been edited by AIRGRADY (edited 03-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by AIRGRADY (edited 03-01-2001).]