PDA

View Full Version : Reap the Hole Shot benefit!

MOP
07-07-2002, 08:25 AM
If you have not tried a drilled prop you should it will give you a great hole shot. You will get on plane several seconds quicker. Most OEM have specs for drilling the vent holes and several prop manufacturers offer drilled props. It will allow you to accelerate faster with less low end drive load which will help your drive live longer.

Rootsy
07-07-2002, 08:58 AM
now what about those of us running thru-hulls with no exhaust through the prop to use for ventilation?

mattyboy
07-07-2002, 09:18 AM
Never heard of it, but I lead a sheltered life,

good question Jamie

how are they at the other end of the spectrum, top end and rpm,

matt

RickR
07-07-2002, 09:22 AM
Jamie
Vent hole in prop MAY improve hole shot on a through transom exhaust boat IF the exhaust bellows has been removed between gimball housing and drive.
Mirage Plus props have (drillable/replaceable)plastic inserts in prop hubs for experimentation. :D

MOP
07-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Alot of valid points, if you are through hull it will not work. It only works on through hub lowers, should also work with Silent Choice when swithed to quiet. OMC & Merc have specs for drilling, I've done a bunch with good results.

Rootsy
07-07-2002, 01:41 PM
HMMMMM maybe i should remove my exhaust bellow and see how well that new quicksilver performs... eventhough it is 23 pitch and small in diameter it comes out of the hole as well as my 21 mirage... it does have square vent holes in it also but i do have straight thru-hulls...