PDA

View Full Version : 38ZX

Bryan Tuvell
06-24-2001, 08:15 PM
Boated all day, it was an awesome day!
(minus a crab pot we hit at idle speed leaving Donziman2's house) anyway, low and behold I saw an awesome Donzi from NC.. 2001 38ZX with twin diesels, Yanmars. He said it was a Donzi test boat that he bought with a 160 hours on it...
One SWEET rig....
We also ran into an older yellow 21GT with a 454/OMC.

Donziman2 had the 26ZX out and we had a GREAT rough water run...
LIFE IS GOOD!
Bryan

DONZIMAN2
06-24-2001, 09:10 PM
Bryan and I had a great run in the bay today. The crab pot was a total loss. We threw his boat on the lift and he cut it off. Good thing there was no damage. Nice quick response on the shut down saved the day. The tirds have layed a mine field in my channel going out the the bay. Jet skis and crab pots. Gotta lovem! See ya!

[This message has been edited by DONZIMAN2 (edited 06-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by DONZIMAN2 (edited 06-25-2001).]

Donzitester
06-24-2001, 09:33 PM
Yes it is the same boat that was in miami,
we only made one. When I tested it the very
first time it went in the water it ran
62 mph top speed. It has an awesome cruise
range....800 miles as I recall, but I may be off a little. I know the original very well,
it is a great boat, enjoy it!

Bryan Tuvell
06-25-2001, 06:57 AM
The guy did say he had went 300 miles on a 1/2 tank of gas.
Bryan

STUNG_AGAIN
06-25-2001, 11:05 AM
Bryan it was a good run yesterday on Dman2's 26zx and proved again there's no replacement for size in the onery ChesBay. Sea's were a good 3-5 and quartering at that. I must say though the 22zx held it's own and your new neighbor John is a great guy. Did you include a pair of good wire cutters in the boat box inventory yet?

Well hopefully no last minute gotcha's will preclude the Dman2 and I from heading to MD to pick up the new rig tomorrow. Should be a good run with nice weather. I'm scrubbing up the trade-in's today and prepping them for one last roadtrip. What do you think about BillR's (Powerquest) eatern shore suggestion for this coming weekend? I gotta work around momma's surgery on Thursday she's gonna need some TLC for a couple of days. Then the brother in-law comes back in town for 10 days to scout the area for a job. Busy, busy, busy. Talk to ya later....

------------------

"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."

Bryan Tuvell
06-25-2001, 01:31 PM
STUNG, yes on the cutters, added them last night. I am out on a shore run next weekend, I am in Ohio.

On the ride back across we took two hard slams and I lost my depth gauge and secondary bilge pump power, I am about to go start troubleshooting. Pump was a loose fuse.
Depth Sounder not so lucky, all power connectios look good and sending unit wire is attached. Bummer.
Good luck on the new Sunsation 28. And thanks for the help yesterday.
Bryan

[This message has been edited by Bryan Tuvell (edited 06-25-2001).]