PDA

View Full Version : tips for drilling??

marcdups
06-24-2001, 08:24 AM
Hi all, I am goimg to put some 30 degree bezels with my new guages, does anyone have any tips in making a jig or how to be consistant with the angle for all of them??
8 guages including depth finder.
Thanks for any input, Have a fantastic day!!

Marc

north of the equator, lake bound!

RickR
06-25-2001, 03:06 PM
If you're making the holes in a dash insert I'd take it to a press drill and adjust the bed.
When using a hole saw in gelcoat I tape (masking tape) and run the drill backwards till I'm through the gelcoat.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Bryan Tuvell
06-25-2001, 04:02 PM
Bezel question??? I just ordered a new Gaffrig catalogue, can't you just purchase the color bezels and they will work with your Gaffrig gauges in the whole that is already there?
Bryan

marcdups
06-25-2001, 06:34 PM
Bryan, have a problem, my 94 came with teleflex red series, I got the bezels from gaffrig and switching to mercury guages, white and slightly cheaper than gaffrig specially when I can get them at nearly cost!! but now between the guages I do not have enough room for the bezels, am in search of a dash panel, was thinking of carbon fiber but have yet to find any!! I wish it would just fit, it would have made my life a lot easier put also love projects!!

Marc

marcdups
06-25-2001, 06:52 PM
Bryan, have a problem, my 94 came with teleflex red series, I got the bezels from gaffrig and switching to mercury guages, white and slightly cheaper than gaffrig specially when I can get them at nearly cost!! but now between the guages I do not have enough room for the bezels, am in search of a dash panel, was thinking of carbon fiber but have yet to find any!! I wish it would just fit, it would have made my life a lot easier put also love projects!!

Marc