PDA

View Full Version : Morning Donzi Run

harbormaster
07-05-2002, 09:53 PM
I took the 18 out for a run this morning at 8:30 this morning. The lake was like Glass. Spectacular!
I need to make some high speed runs like this in the mornings before going to work more often.

By the way, There is a bright red 18 with grey interior. Looks like a testarossa, but i thought they were only 22's. It is kinda a shame. It stays in the water in salt and has a nasty scum line. The guy lives on a larger boat and it is tied up to the larger boat. I will take some photos of it when I get a chance.

Here is a photo i took this morning at the marina where I left the boat last night.
http://www.donzi.net/hull/DNAC8038J495/Mvc-719f.jpg

Tony
07-05-2002, 10:36 PM
That is a GREAT shot...the clarity and reflection is too cool! What kind of camera?

oldLenny
07-05-2002, 10:42 PM
That is VERY nice!!! Great shot.

Looks superb!

What Lake is this?

Have you ever boated in the Padre Island area? I had a buddy here, drive down there last year, said the place was wonderful. Didn't you guys lose a bridge there or something a while back?

...by the way, did you personally have any of those rain "problems" that I keep watching on TV?

harbormaster
07-06-2002, 09:37 AM
Lenny,
I have just been to the beach in Padre, and stopped there in sailboats on the way back from Mexico (another story). Yes For a while we had lost the queen Isabella bridge, the only bridge onto the island.

Tony,
The photo was taken with my 3 year old Sony Mavica digital camera. This is a marina off of Clear Creek. We have Clear Creek that turns into Clear lake, that turns back into Clear Creek just before it empties into Galveston bay (which empties into the Gulf of Mexico. Here is a photo...

http://www.donzi.net/photos/stompinGround.jpg

Why don't some of you post aerial photos of you favorite boating ground? you can get them on mapquest.

Fish boy
07-06-2002, 09:59 AM
Scot,
beautiful boat!!!!! Glad you are getting it wet.

Fish Boy
http://donzi.net/photos/donzi2bb.jpg

mattyboy
07-07-2002, 07:26 AM
nice ride Harbor!!!!!!!
good luck with her

matt

Paul Storti
07-07-2002, 08:13 AM
Here is a picture of South Florida including Key Biscayne and Elliot Key, there are nice sandbars just south of Key Biscayne in an area called Stiltsville and also at Elliot Key.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/pstorti1.jpg

Team Jefe
07-08-2002, 05:37 PM
Scot. Looks like a nice Texas Morning. Great Areial of Clear Lake. I'll have to check those out on Mapquest.

The marina looks like South Shore Harbor? or is it closer to Kemah bridge?

I've cruised South Shore several time and didn't see any other Donzi's

Crusin' before work...you lucky bastard :D . I've gotta get myself closer to the water.

See ya around the lake.
JEFE

harbormaster
07-08-2002, 09:57 PM
The marina was the Kemah Boardwalk marina by the Bridge.

riverrat
07-09-2002, 06:06 AM
I'm starting to be concerned about your job.. sure it starts out with a small run in the mornings before work then before you know it your on the cell phone & lap top claiming to be in the office! :D :D

Yuor partner in crime.. the rat :)

HyperDonzi
07-09-2002, 09:34 AM
the morning is great, i learned a few years ago wile going skiing with someone how smooth the water is in the morning, it cant be explained, has to be seen.

Hotspare
07-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Hey Scot, Glad to here about your new purchase, it must feel great cruising the Kemah Boardwalk in that puppy ..... I spent last year in the Clearlake area, cruising NASA Rd.1 and looking at Boats while enroute to Kemah, for my daily fixxx .... (I didn't know about the Donzi web site at that time) or I would have bugged the hell out of ya !!!!!!!!!! But I did see the red 18 that you described on several occasions, while sitting in the cadillac bar, Man !!!!!!!!! What a view, What a view, What a view ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bruce............

ThrillSeeker
07-09-2002, 12:59 PM
Hey Harbor that boat is absolutly beautful. I would die to have some thing that looked like that. :D eek! eek! eek!

harbormaster
07-09-2002, 01:17 PM
Thrillseeker. You keep your money handy and be ready to pounce. I found this boat on Yachtworld.com for around 10K. I knew it had the potential to be an awesome deal and immediately sent a few hundred bucks to hold it. If I had wasted time asking lots of questions and having someone go look at it, the boat would have ended up in someone else's driveway. Instead I gambled the money I sent. This bought me the time to get a mechanic to check out the boat and also to have the seller send me some photos of the boat.

You have to be ready to strike while the iron is Hot!!!!

roadtrip se
07-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Scot,

Very nice. Can't wait to see it up here
on Possum Kingdom at the end of September.

Scott Dabbs is on the edge of going to the
18, so I am sure seeing your new ride will
push him over.

Now, how do we get you to trailer it over
to Eufala for the Labor Day weekend festivities?

Todd

Mustang Susie
07-10-2002, 08:30 AM
Scot,
I am so happy for the two of you! She's a real beauty! :D
And I think that black and blue is the pefect caption for your avatar. Apparently Dorothy now knows where you were coming from. eek!
But hey... we're not here for a long time. We're here for a good time. wink

Mustang 'hey, we don't have a windshield' Susie