PDA

View Full Version : Hot Hatch

Chops
02-22-2001, 08:10 PM
You know- it's a labor of love I always say.

But this week I put a set of EMI center rise manifolds and ss risers (low rise elbows w/ S pipes) on a SBC 2+3 and guess what- everything looked really intense until the hatch didn't quite close (well it closes but is in hard contact). The install was only a quick mock-up so I could measure for exhaust tips but I'll have to deal with it soon. I actually like the idea of dropping the motor 1.0" or 1.5" because I'm in the middle of a Merc I to Bravo mod and thought I'd have to make a few minor transom mods anyway.
Anyone care to warn me about pitfalls?

Voodoocanoe
02-22-2001, 09:19 PM
If you lower the engine 1"-1.5" you will also be lowering your X dimension and that could have an adverse affect on the performance of your boat since your propshaft will be exactly that much lower in the water, I would look for risers that clear the hatch or have them made or have your current ones modified depending on how mush of an interference there is you might be able to get away with "relieving"the 1/2"balsacore from the underside of your hatch.

seano
02-23-2001, 02:20 PM
Chops,

Voodoocanoe is correct, however you can do this with the addition of a shrty Bravo from IMCO...it'll cost ya some bucks, but it'll be real cool!

RickR
02-24-2001, 07:29 AM
Check your engine alignment before proceding!!!!!!
Alignment might be high (very unlikely) or low (which would require more modification)

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

BigGrizzly
02-24-2001, 01:13 PM
I don't want to bust your bubble, just get a set of exhaust that fit. That type of exhaust works the same on a dyno as all the rest of that style.

Randy