PDA

View Full Version : Eufaula Weekend

MikeMiller
09-03-2002, 06:11 AM
Just wanted to say a brief thanks to the gang in Eufaula for making my weekend away well worthwhile!

Not only was it a beautiful place to get together - the people were even more beautiful! A special thanks to Madpoodle for allowing me to tag along in the x18 - great ride!!

Forrest, another great job of coordination and attracting all these owners to one spot. I think we upset a few golfers trying to get some sleep - but hey, we're all so happy to see each other and catching up on missed time is very important.

Roadtrip and HP-500 duked it out with class! Beautiful boats guys!! Great to see you again Emmo!

Well, thank you again and I look forward to seeig all of you in Sarasota. Don't forget to register for the big event - http://www.donzimarine.com

HP 600SC
09-03-2002, 06:49 AM
Mike, it was great to see you and everybody!
What a great weekend. I wish you could have stayed thru Sunday so that you could have seen
the Gator!! See you all again SOON

BigGrizzly
09-03-2002, 07:43 AM
It as truely a great weekend. My family had a great time. I am really happy everyone made it a great weekend. its like being at a family reunion but only with the ones you like.

Randy, owner of Donzis since 1966!

roadtrip se
09-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Random Impressions of Eufala...

Armadillos on the beach and crocodiles in the water.

Minature offshore racing and real Donzi offshore racing. A local approaching me and asking when the racing started today. The local people loved it.

Greg K, "Buoy boy", in the channel, sometimes out, but always hanging air and always there.

Battle of the big four running five miles down the lake at 80 and then realizing we were slightly outside of the channel.

Anybody heard of spontaneous combustion? Well we had a spontaneous cookout. Great bean salad Celene.

Tidbit's bride, Rona?, holding her hat for thirty miles down the lake until her fingers hurt.

The slalom course. Hey you think those folks in the bass and pontoon boats really expected us to stay in between the cones?

A cetain x-18 approaching, running with, and blowing by Classic 22's. Somebody better start thinking about more power, because he is!

Finding out about a certain whippled 22zx on the ramp, seeing it all day at 75-80, and taking a cool refreshing shower behind it coming off plane!
Awesome ZX, Lil' Grizz.

Celene. Explaining to her why she should put those life line leg straps on and then listening to her scream and laugh all the way down the lake.

Scott Boldt goes to Disney Land! One hour to spend and a ride in the Roadtrip SE, Criterion middle seat, and wrap it up in the X-18! Perfect!
Okay Scott, pick the bugs out of your teeth!

Recalling the whole day with Grizzley and wishing we could do it again. Thanks for being such a great teacher Randy.

Running with Ted. Great driver and great spirit.
Hey where did everyone else go? Are we on the same lake? Hey where did all of my gas go? Wow!

The people. Forrest's easy smile. Emmitt's great stories. Miller and the grief he takes from all of us. Doesn't exist anywhere else in the boating community!

AWESOME!

Todd Somerville

Forrest
09-03-2002, 10:27 AM
That's right Todd, did we have a great time or what?

Clouds? What clouds? Rough water? We didn't see no rough water! It was nice. . . real nice. Lots of room to run with no crowds and few, if any, Bayliners.

Bring on the pictures!

Looking forward to Eufaula V!

Greg K
09-03-2002, 10:54 AM
Roadtrip wrote:
<<Greg K, "Buoy boy", in the channel, sometimes out, but always hanging air and always there.>>

Only way to be there and hang with all of you..what a pest and nuisance... wink

<<Hey you think those folks in the bass and pontoon boats really expected us to stay in between the cones?>>

Umm...no comment...just glad ya'll didn't follow me through there!! eek!

Again, I enjoyed meeting all of you and all the time we spent on the water (or in the air) throughout the weekend.

boldts
09-04-2002, 01:39 AM
I realllllly enjoyed this past weekend!!! Disney Land? Heck, I was at Disney WORLD!!! Finally had the opportunity and no responsibility to ride in a Donzi other than my own. Can you say biggest sh** eaten grin of my life! My smile muscles are still sore. If your cheeks haven't been flappin in the wind, you haven't experienced real Donzi speed yet. I highly recommend you say yes to the opportunity anytime it is offered! As I finished up covering my boat on Sunday night at the ramp, a man came up to me and told me he had lived in Fort Lauderdale while growing up. He went on to tell me how much he enjoyed seeing us run our boats. Donzis were always a favorite of his as he was growing up. He asked if the club had a website and besides from telling him Donzimarine.com, I also clued him in on Donzi.net. Who knows, maybe another future Donzi owner and family member. I haven't told Beth I broke the 454 and a new 575 is on order along with external steering, header exhaust, 30" pitch prop and lifeline jackets. She had an idea something was up when I told her I begin the 3rd and 4th jobs next week to pay for the speed. If anyone else is planning an engine upgrade, don't leave the big dog on the porch. Pack as much HP in the package as possible and by all means, put lots of torque in it!

Thanks to everyone who put the gathering together. It was nice to finally meet more of the Seadogs and friends. To those who I had already met, it was great to see you all again and catch up on what's been going on in your lives. Tim Floyd, thanks for the wonderful time in Knoxville Thursday evening. I enjoyed the break in the drive and it was fun seeing the square and hearing some good R & R. People watching is a favorite hobby of mine.

Oh, I almost forgot, don't attend Eufaula next year with-out a RC boat that does at least 60 on radar. Ted's toys sure are a tuff act to follow! eek! :D

Oh and when trying someone else's prop, put the drive in gear and try to hand turn it before you launch the boat. It will save you from being left behind and looking pretty stupid when the RPM's go up, but the boat doesn't move! wink