PDA

View Full Version : Is this a great site or what?

Wavewalker
07-04-2002, 12:40 AM
I've been enjoying this site for years but a post on O1 July (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004706) made my day. SURFER, a new member, wrote a post to say that he just got a 2+3 18'. His name and location seemed familiar to me so I sent him an E-mail. Turns out I was correct, he was one of my best friends when I was a kid and we had not heard or seen each other for about thirty years! Also in the "it's a small world department" it turns out that I also know the person who owned the boat before him. Welcome to the Donzi Registry Rich, I'll see you for a beer soon.

Dalelama
07-04-2002, 03:39 AM
I too had a similar experiance a few years back...

I knew Scott "BadPoodle Baxter" since high school days... and lived at his place in S Miami in the early 80's... haden't seen him in almost 20 years, and found him on this site....

Mabey that WASN'T a good thing? :p :p :p

Wavewalker
07-04-2002, 09:53 AM
Dale, All I can say is finding Madpoodle again is something you will have to deal with yourself.

Finding Surfer is going to work out great. He owes me. When we were kids I was the one with the boat. On Saturdays he and our other friends would show-up at my house, swim suites on, ski belts in hand, asking if I had any plans for the day....translation - "We have a dollar for gas go get the keys to your boat." I did not mind their less then subtle methods because it's hard to legally ski and drive on your own.

I'm off to light the grill outside before the monsoon starts again this afternoon. A good 4th to all.

Last Tango
07-04-2002, 10:50 AM
Similar story:
Last year, after attending a SEADOG gathering and collecting a complimentary bottle of my private lable wine (with my name on it), JKeefe was sharing the wine with his father-in-law who remarked that HE knew a Mark Laszlo. Within moments we discovered that Jacks wife and my wife Nancy were cousins. Now Jacks son, Brandon, who had been my co-pilot at many a SEADOG event, e-mails me frequently and refers to me as "Uncle" Mark.
Donzi Registry - more than just boats - family!

Surfer
07-05-2002, 08:54 AM
OK so I owe you some ski time, bet I get you outta the water faster than your Woodson 16. Lets see 350, 33 Evenrude yup a little more power, but then again, we probably weigh a little more than we did at age 12.

mattyboy
07-05-2002, 04:07 PM
Don't have a reunion story but I got to tell ya
everyone I've met or chatted with from this Board has been great.
yes it is a great site

Matt

Dalelama
07-05-2002, 06:54 PM
John and/or Richard...

Do either of you guys SURF?

Not much in Pompano (or South Beach) but I'll hit Woolbright Road exit and surf behing Nomad Surf Shop... or head up to my old stomping grounds (FIT graduate)and ride Hightower Beach between 2nd light & RC's.....

Costa Rica has been an annual destination for the past 12 years.. I still remember siphoning gas to get to Sebastian in the early 70's.. !

Wavewalker
07-05-2002, 09:13 PM
Dalelama,

No, no surfing in my past. I did like to sit on the beach up here by the lighthouse and watch what came by.

Surfer
07-06-2002, 07:52 AM
Dale, I too have siphoned to get upcoast. Been ridin' all these years, did a Maui trip last year, and my buddy did Costa Rica last May, goin off way overhaed. My only trips this summer will be to the boat ramp though, as I plan to master a wave skater, if the rain ever goes away. Surfer

CrackerJack
07-06-2002, 09:53 AM
Been on vacation with family and trying to catch up on all the posts. Like I have said before we got alot more than just a boat when we purchased the Donzi. All the great people we have got to know and even the Family we didn't know we had.
The Supreme SEADOG and his wife. Looking forward to seeing you again in Sarasota.