PDA

View Full Version : Classic 18 -- windshield or no windsheild?

MLerner
09-02-2002, 02:56 PM
Looking at pics of 18s, I was wondering what's the consensus on the windshield issue. I have one on mine and was wondering if I should take it off. Question: how easy it is to take off and install the side handrails? Obviously, I'd need to get a new cockpit tarp (which I need, anyway) and sink in the appropriate front snaps. Views?

harbormaster
09-02-2002, 04:57 PM
You will get alot of carying opinions on this one.

If it is the smaller windshield from the 90's i say leave it. I really like the rakish looks of it.

Brad Lyon
09-02-2002, 09:03 PM
Mike,

I like the look of the windshield.
Just my .02 as it is said!
Brad

Sagbay32
09-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Yes this subject has been passed around with mixed results. I liked my windshield on my 18 for the looks as well as my kids could duck down from the wind and spray.

my $.02

Emmo
09-02-2002, 10:49 PM
My 18 does not have a windshield and I always wanted one until I started riding in other Donzi's (22's, 18's, and a Minx) and a Magnum 27 that had them. I can cruise 60 miles at WOT and not lose my hat without a windshield. The little rakish windshields tend to shovel air directly into my face and since it is being directed from below my hat, it will blow it off. This may be of little interest to those of you with plenty of hair up top, but my chrome dome eek! turns bright red without a hat. Forrest's old Hornet had a big windshield and I remember how hot it was compared to my boat in the Lower Alabama August heat at the first Eufaula event. Big Grizz's boat has 2 windshields and I was between them in the center seat on one occasion and in that boat, I wanted a windshield or better yet, a helmet and parachute :D .