PDA

View Full Version : A sticky situation......

Lineleader
09-02-2002, 11:32 AM
I did a search before asking, so forgive me in advance if this topic has been covered before.

I now need to remove my 27 year old decals from the GT to replace them with my new ones (no, not the $190+ ones on e-bay!).

They peel off with the expected results (little tiny pieces at a time). I think they are too old for the hair dryer trick. I'm waiting till last for the single blade razer scrape.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

LL

Scott Pearson
09-02-2002, 11:42 AM
3-M makes a tool that you attach to your drill. It looks like a big round eraser. It wont hurt the paint or gelcoat but will remove the old sticker and glue.

(NJ)Scott

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
09-02-2002, 01:01 PM
I've always had good results using a combination of WD40, fingernails and persistance. wink

Lineleader
09-02-2002, 02:26 PM
Scott: I checked with West Marine and Discount Auto Parts to no avail. Any ideas where I could locate one?

FlatRacer: Your proven technique is the back up plan.

Thanks,

LL

MOP
09-02-2002, 04:02 PM
Buy either, Petit brushing thinner or adhesive remover the both work great.

Scott Pearson
09-02-2002, 04:49 PM
LL
Call around to your local Jobber stores that carry paint. Like Dupont,PPG, Sikkens etc. One of them will have 3-M or there are other companys that make the samething just explain it to them. It also removes pinstripes etc. Do you have a Finish Master store near you? The are all through Florida.

Let me know how you make out. I know this will do the trick.

(NJ)Scott

RT
09-02-2002, 04:50 PM
I have had luck with a product called Goo-gone
that I got at Sears paint and hardware.