PDA

View Full Version : Question For Get Together ABAY

Shanghied Again
09-02-2002, 09:11 AM
1) I need to know all the dates of every get together from May till August?
2) Would everyone want Cottages with a Marina or a Hotel with a marina, They are all great priced.
How would the name (The Sound of Thunder) be for the Event. Any input would be great! Alexbay is about 8 hours from NJ<NY 6 Hours from PA and 4hrs from Ohio, And worth the trip, I fell in love with the area,

Extreme Measures
09-02-2002, 08:16 PM
Frank I will see what kind of information I can find out for you. Don't forget that I will also try to help you out with this event if you wan't some help.
:cool: Extreme Measures :cool:

Shanghied Again
09-02-2002, 08:46 PM
Extreme I can use all the help in the world, as a Donzi Club we are all one! And with an area as rich with waterways as yours it would be ashame not to have a Donzi meet there. Now we have to get the logistics together
Thanks!

boxy
09-03-2002, 07:09 AM
That's a great idea Frank :D
Here are a couple of A-Bay links, and a link to waterside hotel, we could probably take it over for the weekend.
abay 1 (http://www.alexbay.org)
abay 2 (http://www.abay.com)
boardwalk resort (http://www.boardwalkresorts.com)
This is the view from the shore.
http://www.alexbay.org/images/aerialcastlepic.JPG

TRU-JACK
09-03-2002, 08:44 AM
I'm definately in. Unfortunately i have to miss the muskoka run this weekend for a wedding, but i'll definately put this one in the plans. My other half used to spend the may 24 long weekends at A-Bay and always had a great time. I'm in!! wink

boxy
09-03-2002, 10:13 AM
Tru-Jack, I've probably drank with her. The bar the Donzi.net boys will love is the Islander. Every night of the season they host The Power Hour- free drinks from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM.

TRU-JACK
09-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Boxy, you probably have, I'll ask her tonight if she's been to the islander. I'm really looking forward to this one. My next door neighbor got married at Boldt castle a couple of years ago to Shane the owner of Hot Knots whom i know well. They're not as big into the poker runs as they were but are a Donzi dealer and might be interested in this event. I'll run it by him next time i see him. wink

TRU-JACK
09-05-2002, 09:02 AM
Hey Boxy, talking with the girlfriend and she was saying that she has plenty of time at the islander and 'big daddy' the bartender was the name that rings a bell and 'pat' the owner of the Ship motel. Looking forward to this one. :D

boxy
09-05-2002, 11:10 AM
Frank had the pleasure of meeting Big Daddy at the Poker Run, if your girlfriend remembers Todd she isn't that far removed from A-Bay, he's been at the Islander for the last 7 summers, he was the bartender at the Riverboat before that...

Dr. Dan
09-05-2002, 04:43 PM
Frank, :rolleyes: I am basing this on this years dates for most of our "Registry Events":

AOTH III Mothers Day Weekend May 9th
DustOff Your Britches June 16th(Lizards B-Day)
Winnie Madness July 25th
Thunder On the Bay August 9th
Eufaula August 30th
Lake George Donzi Picnic Sept 7th
Donzi Marine Owners Rally (October,you can't schedule with them there Miller Dudes, wink they be fickle Ya Know?) The week after July 4th, gives us a couple of weeks to recover before going to Pearsons favorite Lake F#*! :p at the end of July? Or the last week in June...? Hope this helps... :cool: Doc

Dr. Dan
09-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Hey HawbaMasta... :D I was wondering if it would be possible to do a "Annual Event Calender" tied somehow into the events section? wink This way we could all look at the year and block off vacation time accordingly, quite often....Events develop or get planned late in the game or are announced toooo late in the season and people are not able to attend(Nick are ya listening here wink ) Those of us who are fortunate enough to have flexibility in our schedules are the only ones able to skip over or down to a gathering...just a thought? :D ...Doc

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Frank, you had ask my underway dates for June, all month return on 23 June 03.... transfer to desk job, 2 years of boat when I want.'Like I said, plan it and if I can be ther we will.
Bryan

Shanghied Again
09-05-2002, 07:50 PM
Here are the 2 dates to choose from, July 11-13. or July18-20. Friday through Sunday or should we go Thursday till Sunday, Give the Ladies another day of site seeing? I am talking to a couple of places and hopefully we will put this in the books!

Crazy Horse
09-05-2002, 07:56 PM
Frank, Maybe the Habawmasta would put the two dates up with one of his voting/poll thingy ma bobs?
I vote for the 4 days vs. three, the closer to July 4th the better, and in the nicest hotel in the area.

Dr. Dan
09-05-2002, 08:22 PM
Frank, I like the optional Thursday added on also, and I'd vote for the July 11th dates...I am open for lodging arangements, whatever works best,we will be boating anyway! :rolleyes: The 4th Crowd is not so intense,weather should be nice an warm,for Ontario anyway...I am psyched,have not been up there since I was a boy :p ...Doc

knee deep
09-05-2002, 08:34 PM
Hmm! This sure sounds like a great time. I grew up in Ontario, and got hooked on Donzi's at 4 in the Muskoka Laes. My folks still have a cottage there. Only problem - its a hell of a long way to trailer my boat. Maybe I should buy the 21GT or the Sweet 16 I saw in Muskoka a few weeks ago.

ToonaFish
09-05-2002, 11:31 PM
I hate to spread rumors, but a little birdie whispered that AOTH may be dodging logs and angry Mothers by moving to July. Unsubstantiated, of course...

Shanghied Again
09-06-2002, 06:52 AM
The Schedual I worked around is the one in place. Anything earlier then June in NY/Canada you may as well bring your snow mobile. as Doc put the schedual down. I already have notified the town of ABay and worked with them mid July works good for them. If Scott is going to change I hope he lets me know before I totally set this down in stone (This is a Lot of Work) Like I said I will not step on any other Donzi or Major boating Event.

AOTH III Mothers Day Weekend May 9th
DustOff Your Britches June 16th(Lizards B-Day)
Winnie Madness July 25th
Thunder On the Bay August 9th
Eufaula August 30th
Lake George Donzi Picnic Sept 7th.