PDA

View Full Version : Stringers on Donzi Minx

toryminx
06-20-2001, 03:27 PM
For my latest hastle I am putting in a higher hp small block chevy into my Minx. I got talking today with another board member and he told me that I may have to reenforce the stringers if I go over the 400hp mark. I just want to get a few opinions cuase I agree with him but I am not too knowledgable on the subject.

This Bravo swap will happen this winter and that willbe another joy. thanks for the responses on the stainless exhuast

Greg
06-20-2001, 04:46 PM
Tory, I am getting to the same spot in my 18'. I contacted West Systems and they are sending me some info on fiberglass boat building with thier product. They mentioned a product called compsys for stringer replacement and another called prisima beams available from them. Many people here have used it and seem to like it. My boat has the two lengthwise stringers and 3 across on the inside, but none on the outside. I worry about where if anywhere to put some gussets on the outside of the stringers. I don't want to support the wrong area and cause another area to fail. There is a boat in the registry belonging to Steve Marr with some awsome work done to the stringers and to the motor area. It looks like he used pvc cut in half and then glassed over it. Any info from Steve?

Looped
06-20-2001, 09:26 PM
Steve gave me a detailed e-mail including a contact name on everything that needs to be done from Mercruiser for his setup. Of course I have lost it. You can try and e-mail him for more details because I don't think that he checks in as often as some of us do. Look in his profile for his address.