PDA

View Full Version : My fellow experts, whats it worth?

PON-DON-ZI
06-19-2001, 10:21 AM
I found a '69 Donzi 2+3 somewhat restored, owner says it has a rebuilt Holman Moody outdrive, 302 Power. The boat looks mint inside and out, but is missing side rails around the cabin area and possibly two air vents (one on each side) he only installed two. (all the literature I've seen have four)The trailer on the other hand has seen better days. Bottom line is, New red on white urethane paint, all chrome is new, new gelcoat inside, new gauges, new red vinyl tuck and roll interior. asking price of
9500.00 and will accept 8500.00.
Is it worth it?

[This message has been edited by PON-DON-ZI (edited 06-19-2001).]

boldts
06-19-2001, 08:02 PM
PON-DON-ZI,
Take a look at my white with blue stripe 1969 18' Classic In the SE Michigan post. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002029.html It is a Holman Moody Edition boat also. It has a 302 Ford with the 250 Volvo outdrive. Mine is kinda ruff due to the hot sun on the dark blue stripe and the previous owner keeping the boat tied up at a dock on Indian Lake in OH all summer. Mine has original gelcoat and the original Holman Moody tach and exhaust manifolds. I redid the interior with seats from the original builder for Donzi named Bilt-Rite. I paid $3,500 some 16 years ago and probably have well over $10,000 invested over the years. My point is, $8,500 is a lot of cash. Check for HM initials on the exhaust and other parts to be sure the boat is what your paying for. The most important thing is that you like and have to have the boat. When I saw mine, it was love at first site. That's probably why I've owned it for so long and don't mind trying to upgrade it when ever I have a few extra dollars in my pocket. Recently, I've been able to not only host a Donzi gathering, but attend one at a place I hadn't boated at before. These are truly the best times I've ever had with the boat. The Donzi family of owners are really great people who have a sense of adventure and a love for a boat named Donzi. Stay in touch and keep us posted as to the purchase.

Scott Boldt
Midwest Donzi Club

Formula Jr
06-19-2001, 09:05 PM
He is $1000 to high.

BigGrizzly
06-19-2001, 10:36 PM
Our 1966 16 has only tywo scoups one facing forward the other facing aft. We bough it new and still own it.

Randy