PDA

View Full Version : So what are all of you doing for 4th of july?

Moody Blu'
07-02-2002, 10:02 AM
I will hopefully be cruising around down the shore in little egg harbor bay.

if anyone wants to meet up, post in here.

other then that what are the rest of ya'll doin for the 4th?

I may be testing out a 23-24 pitch prop for my boat wink

TRU-JACK
07-02-2002, 10:11 AM
recovering from the 1st of july, Canada Day! :D

Have a great 4th of July to all Americans. wink

Digger
07-02-2002, 10:55 AM
I'll be driving to lake Winni.

Winni bandits here I come! :D

McGary911
07-02-2002, 11:46 AM
Good chances I'll be in Pennsylvania doing non-boat stuff. If I don't make it out of Jersey, I'll be cruising offshore out of Shark River, probably toward the north around Sandy Hook. I haven't checked the local papers for where the fireworks are yet. If anyone sees a 31' Silverton called Cirrohis of the River, gimmie a horn blast, I'll know its a board member.

Happy 4th all......

McGary

mattyboy
07-02-2002, 12:45 PM
First time in 25 years I'm not going to be on
LBI for the 4th, the kids are bummed.

so I took off on the 5th and will take em tubing on the 16

On an up note my Nephew is coming home from the USCG, he just Graduated from "boarding School"
so he wants a ride in the 16 as well, then he leaves for who knows where....

so to all a happy and safe 4th especially to those in uniform

Matt

Shanghied Again
07-02-2002, 04:32 PM
Watching the fireworks in Beachwood, then we are on a Fun Run To AC Friday morning to spend the day at Trumps Marina

EricG
07-02-2002, 04:41 PM
For the first time in a long time, skipping the 4th with my Dad at the Cabin. Instead, Kath and I will be in DisneyWorld watching the fireworks....then it's off to Daytona for the Pepsi 400 :D Flight leaves at 6:00AM tomorrow....what am I going to do without the donzi net for a week? eek!

Have a great 4th everyone!!

-EG

Formula Jr
07-02-2002, 04:52 PM
I launch the 'swirl early in the day, and during the fireworks display on Dexter Lake, we creep right up underneath them with all the little bits of hot ash falling around us. Its pretty cool....

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-02-2002, 05:10 PM
Pool Party on the 4th, 5th we boat to CoinJock NC, overnight, press on Saturday south to Manteo NC!

Loving life in VA....
Bryan

Scubado
07-02-2002, 05:35 PM
Going boating with Dad, this time I'll be in my Donzi instead of his :) His might be cooler but mine is faster. We'll be watching the fireworks at Lake Coeur D Alene. A Donzi dream come true for me.

MOP
07-02-2002, 08:29 PM
Doing a party then a raft up in Great South Bay with about 8 other sport boats to watch the fire works.

RedDog
07-02-2002, 08:34 PM
I'll be visiting my brother in Alexandria, VA. Don't know the exact details but it will involve some boating (22 Hydra Sport WA and a sport fisherman (gal) I haven't met yet) on the Potomac for fireworks at Ft. Belvoir. Later, like Saturday, the tours in DC - mall/memorials/museums/beverages

RedDog
07-02-2002, 08:47 PM
Hey Bryan - Manteo is cool. If you can get further via land head south (further the better) on the Banks. Beaches and normally big water are beautiful. Or boating offshore, go to Diamond Shoals or the Gulf Stream is about as close and (beautiful) as you'll get short of FL.

Last Tango
07-02-2002, 08:51 PM
Going to Historic Downtown Savannah, GA, for the 4th and 5th. Gonna join the Miller boys and Team Donzi and wish them luck in the APBA races this weekend. Thursday we'll have dinner in the Old Town section, then watch the fireworks. Friday, Team Donzi will attempt a record breaking flying kilometer run, right downtown.

Cuda
07-02-2002, 08:51 PM
We will be at Clearwater Pass watching the fireworks.

Gary S.
07-02-2002, 09:19 PM
Put-in-Bay,,,,with my bucket of Rolling Rock to chase my Luscova at the Round House bar,,,Gotta love the 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boldts
07-02-2002, 09:48 PM
Gary S,
Looking forward to meeting up with you on the 6th. Should be up at Port Clinton around 9 or 9:30AM. We'll meet you at the Jet Ex or near-by depending on where we can park a 20' Cigarette and my Classic.

HyperBaha,
Any chance you'll be at Alum Thurs. or Fri.? With the temps up in the 90's, I feel a day at the beach is in order. New Classic has blue hull, white deck with blue stripe.

Everyone have a safe 4th and celebrate this great country we live in where freedom is practiced. Don't forget those who give and have given of themselves to keep it that way!

ToonaFish
07-02-2002, 10:08 PM
Hey Watch This! Yep, here on the farm we got genuine fireworks from Alabama.

If we don't end up driving someone to the emergency room, I'll be heading to the lake for a houseboat party and professional show.

And, if it's like every other time I've gone to the lake this Summer, we'll be rained out!

Fish boy
07-02-2002, 10:50 PM
Nothing like fireworks off Pinellas County. Must be about 15 little cities along the beach {and a few big ones}, and almost every city has thier own show.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jstaples01.jpg

RH
07-02-2002, 11:00 PM
Smiths Bay, West Lake Okoboji, Iowa. Hornet under me, wife and daughter and friends loaded with provisions for a great fireworks display overhead. It just doesn't get any better than that! Have a safe and fun holiday to all on the board!
RH

Scott Pearson
07-03-2002, 06:12 AM
Staining my deck...... :( .

I cant wait.....

(NJ)Scott

Riley
07-03-2002, 07:50 AM
I'll be up early to get a good spot here in downtown Cedarville, to catch our annual parade. Then it's down to the Donzi, and out to the beaches of Little LaSalle Island for the usual boats-brats-and beer party. We'll finish off the holiday by joining about 100 other boats in Cedarville Bay to catch the fireworks.

On vacation from now to July 15th.....YAHOO!!

Hey Jamie, are you going to make it up this way this summer?

Riley
07-03-2002, 07:58 AM
I'll be up early to get a good spot here in downtown Cedarville, to catch our annual parade. Then it's down to the Donzi, and out to the beaches of Little LaSalle Island for the usual boats-brats-and beer party. We'll finish off the holiday by joining about 100 other boats in Cedarville Bay to catch the fireworks.

On vacation from now to July 15th.....YAHOO!!

Hey Jamie, are you going to make it up this way this summer?

Dalelama
07-03-2002, 08:17 AM
I'll be yanking my seized up 320EFI outa the Minx.... then flying back to Baltimore saturday to pick up my plane... what joy...
frown

mattyboy
07-03-2002, 09:04 AM
Scott P
STAINING YOU DECK!!!!!!
you mean the swim deck on the 28 right?

you and Cathy have a safe and happy 4th

doing some work on a fall get together at my lake
maybe late sept. early oct.
I'll keep you posted.

Matt

GeneD
07-03-2002, 09:12 AM
Me?
Covering the SBI race in Sarasota for Throttle-Up Propellers.
Hanging with JamesBon...

Stix Magill
07-03-2002, 09:29 AM
Joan and I have a couple of friends visiting for the extended weekend at the lakehouse. We have Dreamland Bar-B-Que, Donzi cruisin', fishing and board games planned. Every year our Yellow Creek fireworks competition gets a little bigger and I just dropped a couple of bills at the fireworks stand for "the big stuff"! Don't worry, metal roof on the boat house!!
Everyone have fun and be careful,
Stix

JP BRESCIA
07-03-2002, 10:12 AM
My plans are suddenly up in the air. We will be in Cape May for the weekend but my wife has to work Friday. She doesn't want to drive down just for the day. Free Pass for ME !!! :D :D

If you need me, don't call me !!!

I will be beached in Hereford Inlet watching the other boat traffic waiting for them to go home.

roadtrip se
07-03-2002, 10:21 AM
Heading out to Possum Kingdom Lake.

First item on the agenda is to start the smoker. Planned meals include baby backs, burgers, fajitas, and brisket.

Second item is to start the trash talk with Scotty Dabbs about his inability to seperate me from a tube behind his 16. Last time out, he came pretty close to killing me back there. No more posts from roadtrip after this weekend? You know what happened...

Third item. We're going to make the John Deere Gator do 40 mph. Starting point is about 18 mph. The quest for speed isn't limited to just Donzis!

Finally, fireworks at Hell's Gate. Hundreds of boats and a great show. Plenty of amateur shows to watch too. Local volunteer fire department should be busy.

Enjoy all!

Todd

Forrest
07-03-2002, 11:21 AM
Moving a wall at the beach house eek! . . . and maybe a ride or two in the Magnum. :D

BS
07-03-2002, 03:32 PM
Wife has to work friday, so I guess we head to the Lake of the Ozarks friday night.

We won't get the Donzi until the following weekend so will probably continue trying to get the Celebrity ready to sell.

Bill

HyperDonzi
07-03-2002, 04:40 PM
blowing things up and sitting around the neighbors bonfire then eating and going to sleep

HELLERBOY
07-03-2002, 05:44 PM
BBQ in the afternoon till 5:00 then hit main st. for the Offshore parade of boat's. Then rush home and jump in the DONZI and head to sarasota bay for the fireworks. :D

harbormaster
07-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Boating in the Galveston Bay area and watching fireworks from the boat.