PDA

View Full Version : cloudy, should i stay or should I go, da na na na na naaa na

Moody Blu'
08-31-2002, 04:55 PM
well its very cloudy here.

I went to get gas for the boat before and it drizzled for a minute or two.

The wind is blowing like hell and I am hung over from last night wink

I want to go out and jam through the 4-5 foot seas, I know it will get rid of my hangover.

BUt :( I dont want to get rained on :(

I just walked outside and the clouds are moving awfully fast.

the hell with it im goin....

Gearhead99
08-31-2002, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a plan !!!!!

Rootsy
08-31-2002, 05:12 PM
hmmmm lets use logic for a second...

if you are busting through 4 and 5 footers... in an 18 foot boat... with oh maybe a foot of freeboard...

WHAT THE HECK IS RAIN GONNA POSSIBLY HURT?????????????

hope you have a fun and safe ride...

think i'm gonna go boating myself now... :D

KMLFAMILY
08-31-2002, 06:51 PM
Well did you go? I had the exact same weather/sea situation today and decided not to. Did i miss out? I went out of Mystic Conn. yesterday with some friends to Block Island. It was all clouds,some swells but was still a great day. Then again this was on a 35' Luhrs,twin diesels.

Moody Blu'
08-31-2002, 07:10 PM
thanks guys...

wow was it choppy out there, as soon as I made the one turn on my creek(mill creek) I saw the bay.

all white caps :D

on a side note the only other donzi on my creek was out there somewhere too,A twin 454 28zx playing in the rough stuff :D wink

I was having a blast!

I went by the dutchmans quelle and saw a lone sea ray pachanga 22, I guess everyone around my area doesnt have the balls to go to dutchmans on a day like this. (or maybe im just a nut) :p

after I cruised by the dutchmans I was on the other side of the manahwkin bridge. Once I past the no wake zone I hit it. I went out about a mile on the other side of the bridge and the waves were an honest 5-7 foot CHOP!!!

No trim is a big problem in rough water when my drive would come out of the water my boat would start aiming for the sky because of my trim pin.(I cant wait to put my new drive on)

I almost rolled my boat! thank god I was fast with the steering wheel and throttle..

HOLY sh*t I said, I turned around and headed back towards the dutchmans (and the other side of the bridge where it was only 2-5.

and now for the good part.

There was a old school nova out there and he looked over and gave the lil nod to race (in 4-5foot seas) this nova was probably a 28 footer.

well...

I blew his doors off and I also lost my side bolster eek! so I slowed down to turn around and the guy in the nova went by with his eyes wide open like "how the hell did that happen". I know this guy and he went buy and was pointing and giving me the thumbs up.he probaly knew the classic would kill him.

So now I was on a mission to find my bolster.

I back tracked and found it floating... I picked it up and I just happen to see a boat coming up the intercoastal at a fast rate of speed all squirly.

it was a baja 26? outlaw.......

hyper isnt gonna like this...

well I was at idle and he was just about to go by me. I jumped out of the hole just as the baja was about to go by. he had a big grin on his face (who wouldnt in choppy conditions in a sport boat) well, we both started to get on it, and he was a little to close for comfort so I moved over a bit. (I didnt need his boat to make a 90 degree turn and smash into me)

so were goin along at about 45 and his boat is even squirlier then before and im just bouncing off the waves with sh!t eating grin on my face. So I decide to hammer it down and I start pulling him and we were heading out into a rougher area so i was on and off the throttle cuz my prop was coming out of the water. I stayed wide open until I had a good 10 boat lengths on him and then I slowed down a bit.

heheh, the guy in the baja went right by me witha look of frustration on his face... I waved and then I said to myself thats enough playing around. I headed towards my creek.

oh yeah, I left the hangover with the guy in the baja :p :p wink

I'm glad I went out.

HyperDonzi
08-31-2002, 08:00 PM
ive noticed to many people with baja's dont know how to drive at all, a guy out here with a 29' baja is all over the place in 1-2 foot chop, i will be 300' away and have the same chop and not be anywhere near the amount of air under the boat that he does.

Moody Blu'
08-31-2002, 08:20 PM
awww whats the matter hyper?

this guy new how to drive cuz if he didnt he would have hurt himself trying to race in 4-5 foot waves, or blown his motor from revving it sky high when launching off a wave.

once you get a donzi youll stop stickiing up for baja.

HyperDonzi
08-31-2002, 08:24 PM
yes, once i get to drive one, i am sure i will stop sticking up for the baja crowd.

Scott Pearson
09-02-2002, 11:39 AM
And I thought all the Brown Acid from Woodstock was either taken or thrown out?? Must have been some left over somewhere.....

(NJ)Scott

CDMA
09-02-2002, 11:50 AM
I can't even...I have never laughed so hard in my life...

fasttrucker
09-02-2002, 07:46 PM
your topic refers to a clash song.i saw the band only once,as a fan i guess u could say "rock the cashba""rockin the cashba,. :rolleyes:

Moody Blu'
09-02-2002, 11:59 PM
whats so funny? :confused:

MOP
09-03-2002, 09:53 PM
Hmmmmmm!