PDA

View Full Version : Grab Rails and Custom Bolsters

Bryan Tuvell
06-18-2001, 07:11 PM
I would like to mount a 4" to 5" grab rail on the dash for the front seat passenger. I would think it would need to have a full backing plate since screws might just pull out.

FRANK C. who did your bolsters? I forget. The web has only one site (that I could find) with decent info and pics, manual was a grand a piece, too much for me, I would think $1000 to $1300 for both would be fair.

So I am looking for good links on both items.
Thanks, Bryan

RickSE
06-19-2001, 12:48 PM
Bryan,
I've always wondered if bolsters out of a 26 would fit in a 22. Could be an option, order new from Donzi. I'll be at the Dealer show next month and there should be some custom Bolster companies there again this year. I'll see if I can get some info.

[This message has been edited by RickS (edited 06-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by RickS (edited 06-19-2001).]

Bryan Tuvell
06-19-2001, 02:15 PM
Rick, thanks, I would love some phone numbers and websites, I will look harder on the web.
The wife and I have pretty much came to the conclusion we are going to stay in the 22ZX 2 more years, it is just hard to beat the great warranty coverage, so I will dump some money on nice stuff for the boat. My legs are long enough to brace, hers are not. Plus the fact she came out of the seat when we met two ocean going tugs at the mouth of the Elizibeth River head on, but that in it self is another story.
I will call Donzi for numbers ($$) too.
I look forward to the info, thanks....
Bryan

vagrant
06-19-2001, 03:18 PM
Bryan
Try hot-pursuit.com they did franks and my bolster seats there a good group to work with i have been to there shop personally down in miami and they go out of there way to do a nice job .
Good Luck
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc

Bryan Tuvell
06-19-2001, 04:35 PM
David, thanks... don't think we have forgotten you guys. Life has been busy. Hardly no time to play or make a weekend roadtrip, so forgive us. I might just buzz your phone here in a few.....

We will hook up soon... maybe you guys should visit us. Our doors are always open to great people like you guys. Free lodging and one big ocean!
Thank You, Bryan

Just called them, the seat guy was busy, so I await his call. FRANK, does the red in your seats match the red on your boat?

[This message has been edited by Bryan Tuvell (edited 06-19-2001).]

Crossbow
06-19-2001, 08:52 PM
Bryan, I Had new bolsters made for my Z-25 by a company that makes them for Donzi (or so they say) anyway seats are great , even had the Donzi logo stitched in (had to send a picture to prove I owned a Donzi) companys name is Agua Marine ,website is aguamarineinc.com Good Luck

Crossbow
06-19-2001, 08:54 PM
P.S. They look even better now that I have put them in my Z-33 crossbow !!!!!

STUNG_AGAIN
06-20-2001, 01:20 AM
Bryan the low profile bolsters I have in the 230SX would be ideal for your boat. They're designed for the shallow cockpits like ours. You might could order a set (if price is right etc.) from Centerville Marina. Just a thought and an option.... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------

"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."