PDA

View Full Version : Trim tabs on 1967 16

Danny
06-18-2001, 12:38 PM
Curious as to where other people have mounted the pump/reservoir on their boats. I have been looking at the transom on the starboard side. Would have to bolt right through the transom and I wasn't keen on that. Any other thoughts, on a stringer is too low and the engine compartment side of the back seat just didn't seem solid enough, really no room on the transom between the exhausts, and the steering mount on the transom limits the port side.
Thanks Danny

RickR
06-18-2001, 04:46 PM
You can fiberglass a 3/8 piece of plywood to the transom for a mount. That way you don't have to through bolt.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Tony
06-18-2001, 07:52 PM
Mine is located on the stringer, starboard side, right about under the seat back. By the way, do you have any pictures of your '67 Ski Sporter? I'm curious since I also have this year and model...registered here (http://www.donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=198).

Jerry H. Eisele
06-18-2001, 08:07 PM
Danny, I have a 68 . I mounted my pump on the back of the seat starboard side. Works fine.

Jerry

Danny
06-19-2001, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the insight folks.
Tony, this has been an ongoing project since buying the boat in December, hopefully be complete and in the water for the July 1st long weekend, been postponing pictures til I get it finished, I have made reference to the pictures of yours on many occasions. I have covered my fridge at the cottage with pictures of yours and many others from the Registry as inspiration. Get a lot of comments about having the best fridge on Georgian Bay anyway.
Danny