PDA

View Full Version : SBC exhaust

toryminx
06-18-2001, 11:26 AM
Hello

I am looking for a good pair of exhaust for my Minx. I talked to several companies and stainless marine also. Prices are anywhere for 1600( eddie marine ) to 2500. Any suggestions on where to look or does anybody have a set that they are willing to comment on. I was also wondering how the installation went.

Thanks
Tory

jaroot
06-18-2001, 02:31 PM
I've been considering exhaust for my 16... wondered how the Rex Marine S/S risers were or if anyone's used them... they look like they exit on the same angle as the stock merc risers so they should line up with my existing thru hulls... anyone have any opinions????

toryminx
06-18-2001, 02:35 PM
I was thinking these also but I am unable to get a price from them. Less modification the better.

Forrest
06-18-2001, 04:31 PM
I have Rex Marine SS risers on my GIL small block exhaust manifolds in my X-18. Good quality and somewhat reasonably priced.

------------------
Forrest

RickR
06-18-2001, 04:43 PM
Talk to Brownie @ Stainless Marine. Madpoodle and Jamesbond got theirs from him. They are excellent quality and value.
See my post on exhaust tips.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

BigGrizzly
06-18-2001, 05:44 PM
FOr the most performance boost for the buck the Stainless Marine is the hot ticket. The rex riser is nice but you still have the poor exhaust. I played this game before. Next to tube hedders they work as good as anybody and better than most. One more small detail they have better Quality control.

Randy

TORYSMINX
06-18-2001, 08:23 PM
This is great,I may look into eddie marine but I may have the problems with reversion with this new 383 I am building. I am not telling details until I get it becuase of my wild imagination. I am looking for a bravo soon too..

Tom on Lanier
06-18-2001, 09:24 PM
Tory - here's a fourth endorsement for the Stainless Marine product. Excellent quality,good performance increase, good people to work with and they fit!

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Jamesbon
06-19-2001, 12:43 PM
Personally, I wouldn't go with anything other than Stainless Marine for a small block! Had a set, they're wonderful!!

Nate

[This message has been edited by Jamesbon (edited 06-19-2001).]

falcon
06-19-2001, 01:23 PM
Which ones would you recommend for big block, price dependent?

Jamesbon
06-19-2001, 02:19 PM
One has a lot more to choose from in the BBC arena. I'm considering the following

Stainless Marine Gen III, 5" risers
CMI Headers
IMCO Powerflow

Again, my buddy has the Stainless Marine Gen III manifolds, and 5" dry risers. THEY ARE MEAN!! I'm leaning towards them, but we'll see......

The price of BBC exhaust HURTS!