PDA

View Full Version : Speaker placement

Moody Blu'
08-29-2002, 03:14 PM
I have been thinking about installing a good stereo system in my donzi for next year.(since my restore will almost be complete)

After a bit of evaluation I figured on the left and right side of the front seats would be a very good spot and would have a dual purpose.

1: speakers will be there :rolleyes:

2: it would be alot easier to take out the throttle housing and work on the cables.(on either side, left or right steering)

furthermore, the speakers really wouldnt have to deal with to much water splashing in this spot either.

Ive been thinking about doing this recently because I want to take out my Morse throttle and have it rechromed.

if any of you have tried to take out a left hand steering throttle youll find out it is next to impossible. (without lifting the deck off)

So i figured putting the speakers here would be a good idea.

what do all of you think?

Moody Blu'
08-30-2002, 01:49 AM
?

RH
08-31-2002, 07:58 AM
Moody, That is a good question. I've been out all week and am catching up. Sitting in meetings and thinking about my boat all week. Don't move your helm to the right. Left hand helm is what makes the boat so cool IMO. As for speaker placement, it is a question that I have been pondering all summer. I think that I may just try to mount them into the floorboard area in a clean way to avoid cutting into the side panels and if I need to remove them, still have that option. This will be a winter project for me. I am having a new interior built this winter and will mount the back speakers in the front bench on the Hornet. The radio is the kicker for me. Still not sure where I will place that.
RH

Ed Donnelly
08-31-2002, 11:37 AM
Bose have a new marine speaker REALLY GOOD SOUND. It has its own air chamber for really gret bass. The only drawback is you need a minimum of 5" behind the speaker to accomodate the air chamber. I bought a set for the Criterion and found there is not enough room between the liner and the hull. Never thought to install them anywhere else.Reading the previous thread made me think, why not in the foot rests.....

Moody Blu'
08-31-2002, 07:39 PM
ya I was thinking about cutting the foot rests and putting the speakers there.

there out of waters way and the angle is pretty good, almost like a monitor speaker for a stage.

but, I dont liek the fact that feet will be hitting there.
AND

sometimes I actually push down on the floor board to keep myself planted in the seat..
I would definately smash in the grill...

does anyone have pictures of a classic with a stereo system installed?

harbormaster
08-31-2002, 07:45 PM
Mark and Polly Horne put their speakers in the footrests and they kick butt! I believe he put a subwoofer i there to.

HyperDonzi
08-31-2002, 08:33 PM
Edward, they also have this on their 131 speakers. nice sound when amped but not near enough bass when not amped.
sound is hopefully next on the baja,
-4" thru-hull exhaust
-amp
-clarion powered 6.5" sub.