PDA

View Full Version : Z Care Voided

38donzidaytona
08-29-2002, 09:37 AM
I was told by me dealer if I run my 38 Daytona in a poker run or race I will void my Z Care on my 2001. Has any one else heard of this? I thought this was the best performance boat on the market but I can't drive it on the lake with everyone else without voiding my warranty!!!!!

Ralph Savarese
08-29-2002, 10:02 AM
How are they going to know you ran in a poker run ? I don't think someone is going to be standing at the dock voiding warranties!
Ralph

roadtrip se
08-29-2002, 10:04 AM
Big difference between a poker run and a race.

Donzi has volunteered to sponsor folks in poker runs in the past, including me, and I have z-care.
So I doubt if this accurate info from your dealer.

Go racing and you should be on your own. That is what sponsors are for.

I would suggest you call Donzi service directly.
They are a big help and can clear this up for you pretty quickly!

Good luck,

Todd

Woodsy
08-29-2002, 10:18 AM
NOBODY warranties anything when it comes to racing... your pretty much on your own. Poker Runs are an entirely different animal. I highly doubt a Poker Run would void your warranty. Its not a race (technically speaking) so it really doesn't matter if go all out or 1/2 throttle... the guy with the best hand wins....

Woodsy Von Donzi :D :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-29-2002, 12:00 PM
#1 call Donzi
#2 false data
#3 At AOTH I Donzi promised to pay half on a certain Poker run for Donzi owners, I am told that did not happen!
#4 Per the factory for 2003 and beyond ZCare is not on any Donzi's but the ZX/Daytona Boats. This is a quote from only one person at Donzi to a guy buying a new ZX. I have not personally called and ask.

ZCare (Marine Innovations) is still up and running to my knowledge.
Factory members participate in fun family oriented poker runs, no harm to boats etc...

That is the best data I have.
Bryan

Sean
08-29-2002, 02:48 PM
Call Donzi directly. I wouldn't stop at the dealer on this one. Poker Runs can be great family fun. As for racing, I ran in the same shootout as you did this week. I wouldn't consider running alone towards a radar gun racing. The same dealer ran a 2001 39ft cruiser in the same shootout last year. Was this Zcare voided? I highly doubt it. Push the issue and give Donzi a direct call. I think the dealer is way out of line on this one. Let me know if you need support.

FJB20
08-29-2002, 03:14 PM
Z Care is Alive and Well -- Prior to 2003 Models-
Just Had A Water Pump Replaced by Donzi
via The Dealer. Had to Pay a Deductable
( Didn't Know About That ) But I'm Back in the Water 2000 Z22 5.7 250HP

MikeMiller
08-29-2002, 03:15 PM
#1. Give our Customer Service Dept. a call!
#2. At AOTH 1 I promised to pay half of the entry fee to Donzi owners going to the Cumberland Poker Run... and that did happen!
#4. Z Care is offered on all ZX and Z models only for the 2003 model year.

As far as Donzi knows, no one has been denied ZCare for being in a Poker Run.

Shanghied Again
08-29-2002, 05:13 PM
I am one of the biggest Poker Runners in the Country, My Donzis have just about seen every Poker Run on the East Coast, No Denials here Z Care is still intact! Racing well thats another subject? I know Insurance companys will walk away if your racing.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-29-2002, 08:20 PM
Mike Miller, thanks for clarifying your #2 and my #3. Wasn't throwing darts but that poker run topic came up at AOTH II. I stand corrected.

Good info on your #4 too, Z's and ZX's, so now the record is straight.

Mike where are you when not on travel? Will you be at the factory when the 26ZX returns 21 Oct?
We plan to be in town the night before and SLEEP... then be at the gate early Monday do business and head back north.
Bryan

mjpcowboy
08-29-2002, 09:50 PM
The shootout at the Lake of the Ozarks is much easier on your boat than running down the main part of the lake on any summer day. The water is completely calm and you are race nothing but a radar gun. I could understand if you are running in a APBA race but not in the Shooters Shootout. No ground for the dealer or the factory to stand on here if they refuse a claim. wink

Formula Jr
08-29-2002, 11:33 PM
At Aoth I, Donzi not only promised to pay 1/2 on Donzi owners, but on just about anything other boat people brought just to be there.. That was WAY over the top....... :D