PDA

View Full Version : + 28 ZXO +

Morgan's Cloud
11-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Well I never thought I'd be asking this question but there's no better place than this wink

My buddy from childhood has finally got himself a real boat.Saved his pennies and got a great deal on a '03 model 28ZXO/350MAGs/B1's. It should go splash in about an hours time.
For a few months he drove me nuts with all sorts of setup/maintenance questions but these newfangled (read 'non classic series') Donzis are completely foreign to me.

Do these things have any hidden foibles ?... Not a bad looking boat.. has inward rotating props.. curious ? ?

Thanks for any pointers !

S

daboys
11-07-2003, 08:43 AM
:) Love my 28 ZXO. First year original owner (first Donzi too)- put over 180 hrs on it. I have twin 5.7 wB1 drives. Have asked lots of questions here, you found the right place for info. Only issue I am addressing currently is poor drainage in the mid cabin. When the carpet gets wet - and it often does, it doesn't drain / dry real well.

Info I got from the board:
1> The sink drains to the bilge
2> Battery switches should bet set to 1 & 2
3> can lower hatch using jumper knobs located on starboard side behind captin seat - real important to know to lower the hatch after the batteries have been removed for winter storage
4> Drain water system via turn knobs on water pump located in engine room.

Morgan's Cloud
11-10-2003, 10:10 AM
Thanks daboys

I had a close look and test drive on Saturday.I can see whay they have become such popular boats.
Those Mag 350's sound great too.For some reason the dealer talked the new owner into a set of 4 blade Spinelli's..what a waste.. complete mismatch and under-revving by 400 rpm.Only saw 66-67 mph.I think he's going to put the original 3 blade 23" Mirages back on pronto !
Gawd.. driving someone elses fast boat is too much responsibility :D

Bill H....
11-10-2003, 09:52 PM
daboys, please give specific location on number 4 above. I have a 28ZXO and would like to know how to drain the water from the system too.

Thanks,
Bill H....

daboys
11-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Bill,
The fresh water system pump sits on the port side of the engine room on the front wall. I found 1 inlet and 1 outlet tube connected to the pump via "twist knobs" holding the lines to the pump. I untwisted the lines - seperated them from the pump and let the water gravity drain or use an air pump to force the water out. This only removes water from the lines not the fresh water tank. To empty the tank I just let the water flow and then tret the tank with RV line anti-freez. Hope this helps, soryy for the technical jargon ie. twist knobs.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Our sink in the 26 DOES NOT drain to bilge, forward tank then out the port side.

Our seat cooler does drain to bilge, poor design actually, I wish it pumped out also, extra unwanted water in the bilge makes a mess.
We use our seat cooler every time out, 3 bags of ice makes allot of water to bilge.
Bryan