PDA

View Full Version : Corsican Structural questions

mphatc
11-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Puzzled . . .as most of you know a Corsican has ski lockers to the left and right of the cockpit.
Mine work pefectly fine when the boat is on the trailer. (Bunk trailer fwiw)

When it's floating the left hatch binds. :( It has been this way since I first launched the boat this past spring. There are no new stress cracks that I can find anywhere, even after a hard summer use :D :D and alot or air time :)

Any suggestions. I will be doing a deck off rebuild this winter and want to eliminate this problem. As i see it there has to be some flex somewhere, I just can't find any indications as to where???

Other item, my boat was built without any latches on the engine hatches . .but when I use the boat they move and rattle around enough to wear the glass a bit over time. What was used on other Corsicans? I'd like to add something here, but it needs to be "original"

MPHATC :confused:
what else is new wink

Tom Davis
11-05-2003, 07:47 AM
I would be happy to come up and take a look at the structural problems and try to solve the hatch issue. I have a few thoughts, but have to take a look before and after you split the boat. I work in Bedford, NH so if you want, we could get together one night after work if you have the boat in Bow. Shoot me an e-mail.

Tom Davis
Fellow Winni Bandit :cool:

mphatc
11-05-2003, 07:25 PM
Tom,

call me at work, any time will work, I can move the boat indoors where it's warm!
228-2888

Mario L.