PDA

View Full Version : NADA Book Values

RedDog
11-04-2003, 06:40 PM
When buying / selling a boat, how accurate does everyone feel the online NADA book values are? High, low, in the ball park?

Here is a link to the online service - check your boat and let me know what you think - http://www.nadaguides.com/Values/ValueYear.asp?UserID=550744E44DC2D&DID=37929&Type=MR&GCode=MR&wSec=4&wPg=1008&Letter=D&Pg=4

Rootsy
11-04-2003, 06:50 PM
BUMMER.. there aren't enough options in the list!!! :rolleyes:

but pretty fair i think really if she was stock i reckon @ 14K :)

Ed Donnelly
11-04-2003, 07:08 PM
79 Criterion $5100
83 Criterion SS $8500
80 Criterion 11 $6900
For these prices, I think Big Grizz,MadPoodle and I would pick up one of each model..I would sure love to get my hands on a Criterion 11,I would even go as high as $7900 for one of those..Ed

blackhawk
11-04-2003, 07:57 PM
I didn't go to the link, but I remember before I bought my boat and i was shopping there were no adds for things like 502 option, silent choice, k-planes, etc which are pretty expensive options.

slick
11-04-2003, 08:42 PM
We used to use the NADA Book Values when I was selling boats for a living :rolleyes: only as a guideline or if you will as a tool to our advantage as a starting point in a deal. :D Most people had no idea on how to build in all the options as well as the trailer for adding up the value of their boat. Used correctly they are not too far off but then the condition of the boat can be a bit subjective, and something rare can put the guide to shame. The guides are no way gospel. :D

slick
11-04-2003, 08:44 PM
We used to use the NADA Book Values when I was selling boats for a living :rolleyes: only as a guideline or if you will as a tool to our advantage as a starting point in a deal. :D Most people had no idea on how to build in all the options as well as the trailer for adding up the value of their boat. Used correctly they are not too far off but then the condition of the boat can be a bit subjective, and something rare can put the guide to shame. The guides are no way gospel. :D

Ranman
11-04-2003, 09:12 PM
$17,000 - $20,000 with no trailer. SOunds good to me. wink

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Gosh, should I mention I saw a Criterion in the bay just this past Saturday!
When I see him again I will make an offer and let you guys know when it is for sale.
I hope I can get it for NADA.

On our boat NADA is fair, mid 50's to high 60's for an '01 26ZX. $50's is more the value in todays world.
Bryan

Time to winterize, our year is over...

MOP
11-04-2003, 09:33 PM
I sell larger brokerage boats there are to many variables for books printed spring and fall. 9-11 had the complete opposite effect on the market than one would expect, quite a few city people came running out to buy. Market shifts, care & condition and a few other things come into play. My best advice is do your home work, find the best areas of advertising, magazines, local papers, web sites and last but not least poking around yards. I have found some of my best spec buys stashed in some back water yards.